Weird Problem with Web Create

BucRepus

I have two XP boxes with 'identical' installs (NO IIS on either). I log in
locally with same username with same permissions on each box. I connect to
Win2003 Entp Server. I try to create a new ASP.NET web project on the REMOTE
server with VS 2003. On one box Works fine, no errors. On the other, I get
the the error:
"The web created successfully but....error configure app root..IIS incompat
on client/server..Active Direct can't find Web server..Trying to create
project on Windows 2000 or newer from Winnt 4.0 client"..... Then I OK that
box and get error cant set permissions on BIN dir. to restrict browse
access".

What kind of crazy errors are these? I'm not running WINNT 4 and where did
the Active directory / IIS incompat come from? IIS is not installed and no
active directory is in place. Why would one XP box work and the other give
these crazy errors? I uninstalled .NET and re-installed on the bad XP box.
No luck, any ideas why these errors happen. I searched KB, no help .. and
the IIS one makes no sense. I'm not creating it locally to need IIS. Any
ideas appreciated... BucRepus.