well designed open source projects

John Davison

I've been reading some source code of open source Java projects to learn
some more programming techniques, tricks and styles. Does any one else
do this? If so, are there any projects that you looked at and said to
yourself "this is some great code!" ?

John Davison
Compass Engineering Group

Boudewijn Dijkstra

John Davison said:
I've been reading some source code of open source Java projects to
learn some more programming techniques, tricks and styles. Does any
one else do this? If so, are there any projects that you looked at
and said to yourself "this is some great code!" ?

From the projects I've seen, I have not learned how to code, I have learned
how not to code. On the other hand, of the code that I write, I often say to
myself "this is some great code!".