    Any thoughts?

    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    Samuël van Laere, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Samuël van Laere

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Samuël van Laere wrote:
    > Just wondering what specific M$ application (must be) generates crap

    ....<snip/>

    I didn't look, but Publisher, Word and Excel produce pretty awful code.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Samuël van Laere wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering what specific M$ application (must be) generates
    >> crap

    > ...<snip/>
    >
    > I didn't look, but Publisher, Word and Excel produce pretty awful
    > code.

    Publisher is the worst I've seen, and the newer the version the worse
    the code. Word is a distant second. <g> Never tried Excel.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Samuël van Laere

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> said:

    > Publisher is the worst I've seen, and the newer the version the worse
    > the code. Word is a distant second. <g> Never tried Excel.

    Excel fits in somewhere between Word and Publisher. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Samuël van Laere

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:47:27 GMT, "Samuël van Laere"
    <> wrote:

    >Just wondering what specific M$ application (must be) generates crap like
    >this: http://www.thecave-heerlen.nl/

    That's output from late-model Office, which for a page like that would
    mean Word.

    it's not so much "bad" HTML, it's just an abuse of HTML for another
    purpose and it isn't trying to be a web-publishing standard any more.
    Andy Dingley, Dec 15, 2004
  6. On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:06:48 +0000, Andy Dingley wrote:

    > it's not so much "bad" HTML, it's just an abuse of HTML for another

    Yes, it is!

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 15, 2004
  7. "Andy Dingley" <> wrote in message

    > That's output from late-model Office, which for a page like that would
    > mean Word.
    >
    > it's not so much "bad" HTML, it's just an abuse of HTML for another
    > purpose and it isn't trying to be a web-publishing standard any more.

    Well since I had a desire to know for sure I mailed the webmaster,
    telling them I really love there website and asked what application
    was used to create it, the answer was: Publisher

    I'll ask Santa for just that app ;)

    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    Samuël van Laere, Dec 15, 2004
  8. Samuël van Laere

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:40:14 GMT, "Samuël van Laere"
    <> wrote:

    >the answer was: Publisher

    The funny thing is, that's much better output than the Publisher
    version of a few years ago used to produce. That was infamous for
    seeing any use of non-standard fonts and turning the whole page into a
    ..GIF image!
    Andy Dingley, Dec 15, 2004