What application produces best crap HTML?

Samuël van Laere

Just wondering what specific M$ application (must be) generates crap like
this:
http://www.thecave-heerlen.nl/
It isn't the much hated FP is it?
Looking at the source make me laugh, really.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Samuël van Laere

Dylan Parry

Samuël van Laere said:
Just wondering what specific M$ application (must be) generates crap
....<snip/>

I didn't look, but Publisher, Word and Excel produce pretty awful code.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Dylan said:
...<snip/>

I didn't look, but Publisher, Word and Excel produce pretty awful
code.

Publisher is the worst I've seen, and the newer the version the worse
the code. Word is a distant second. <g> Never tried Excel.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
Publisher is the worst I've seen, and the newer the version the worse
the code. Word is a distant second. <g> Never tried Excel.

Excel fits in somewhere between Word and Publisher. :)

Andy Dingley

Just wondering what specific M$ application (must be) generates crap like
this: http://www.thecave-heerlen.nl/

That's output from late-model Office, which for a page like that would
mean Word.

it's not so much "bad" HTML, it's just an abuse of HTML for another
purpose and it isn't trying to be a web-publishing standard any more.

Samuël van Laere

Andy Dingley said:
That's output from late-model Office, which for a page like that would
mean Word.

it's not so much "bad" HTML, it's just an abuse of HTML for another
purpose and it isn't trying to be a web-publishing standard any more.

Well since I had a desire to know for sure I mailed the webmaster,
telling them I really love there website and asked what application
was used to create it, the answer was: Publisher

I'll ask Santa for just that app ;)

Regards,
Samuël van Laere

Andy Dingley

the answer was: Publisher

The funny thing is, that's much better output than the Publisher
version of a few years ago used to produce. That was infamous for
seeing any use of non-standard fonts and turning the whole page into a
..GIF image!