    Any idea or suggestion?

    Thanks,

    RBollinger

    robboll, May 7, 2005

  2. robboll

    Ziggy Guest

    robboll wrote:
    > I've got a few really large files on a laptop that I inherited that are
    > really large. Have no idea what they are for:
    >
    > 2733_4A-en-server.vhd 7/19/2004 4,130,321.408 bytes
    >
    > Any idea or suggestion?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > RBollinger

    Have you tried opening them to see if its got comments?

    Ziggy, May 7, 2005

  3. robboll

    info_ Guest

    Ziggy wrote:

    > robboll wrote:
    >
    >> I've got a few really large files on a laptop that I inherited that are
    >> really large. Have no idea what they are for:
    >>
    >> 2733_4A-en-server.vhd 7/19/2004 4,130,321.408 bytes
    >>
    >> Any idea or suggestion?
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> RBollinger
    >>

    > Have you tried opening them to see if its got comments?

    1. if it's 4 Gigabytes, just suggest using MSWord to inspect it :) LOL

    2. If it 4+ megabytes and 0.408 byte, then I wonder what this
    less than half a character might be :)

    3. If it's VHDL RTL code from a human, then this guy deserves
    an entry in the Guiness Book of Records ;-)
    (maybe fell asleep on the Control V keys ?)

    Might be a VHDL netlist, much less glorious, likely very useless.

    Bert

    info_, May 7, 2005
  4. "robboll" <> wrote:
    > I've got a few really large files on a laptop that I inherited that are
    > really large. Have no idea what they are for:
    >
    > 2733_4A-en-server.vhd 7/19/2004 4,130,321.408 bytes
    >
    > Any idea or suggestion?

    Seems to be a VHDL file :=). Try reading the head and understand what
    exactly it might be.

    4 G is a lot for either a netlist or a testbench, but I remeber, that
    Synopsys Testcompiler creates some realy large testbenches.

    bye Thomas

    Thomas Stanka, May 9, 2005
  5. robboll

    Neo Guest

    I think it maybe a virus created file and doubt if its really 4GB. take
    your chance with shift+del.

    Neo, May 10, 2005