    when I type 'rails' in c:/ruby187 in command prompt I get the following
    error.........

    'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    Paul Roche, Nov 11, 2010

  2. On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Paul Roche <> wrote:
    > Hi. I am running ruby 187. I have also downloaded the instant rails
    > package. Where do I extract the instant rails package to in order for
    > ruby to work with it?

    You don't have to. If you have RubyGems installed (and you really
    should!), a "gem install rails" will fetch you the current Rails
    release and its dependencies.

    Note, that it is possible that you'll need to get the SQLite gem
    manually (SQlite is Rails' default database for easy development).

    --
    Phillip Gawlowski

    Though the folk I have met,
    (Ah, how soon!) they forget
    When I've moved on to some other place,
    There may be one or two,
    When I've played and passed through,
    Who'll remember my song or my face.

    Phillip Gawlowski, Nov 11, 2010

  3. Paul Roche

    Luis Lavena Guest

    On Nov 11, 10:25 am, Paul Roche <> wrote:
    > Hi. I am running ruby 187. I have also downloaded the instant rails
    > package. Where do I extract the instant rails package to in order for
    > ruby to work with it?
    >
    > when I type 'rails' in c:/ruby187 in command prompt I get the following
    > error.........
    >
    > 'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    InstantRails has not been updated in quite some time.

    Please follow tutorials about updated versions of Ruby and Rails in
    the RubyInstaller tutorials wiki page:

    http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials

    --
    Luis Lavena