What do I need to run a asp.net 2.0 app with sql server express database on a web server?

Nick

hi,

I have a project about to finish. It is asp.net 2.0 project using sql
server experss database. Now, I am trying to find some webhost
provider for it. I saw some saying asp.net 2.0 support. Is this all I
need, or there is some other stuff in order to make the sql server
express database supported?

Thanks.

Guest

SQL Server Express is rarely used by hosting companies. You want to make sure
you get SQL Server 2005 database support. They'll supply you with your own
database, and you can import your local SQLExpress "stuff" into it.
Peter

clintonG

Sorry, I didn't answer part of the question directly but any Windows hosting
provider will have ASP.NET 2.0 already installed on their servers by now so
Peter's comments about the database will be the next matter of concern.

I would recommend http://webhost4life.com/ as a decent hosting provider as
they are low cost and have decent support and have kept upgrading their mail
servers and control panels making it easier for customers to manage their
websites. They may even support SQL Express and I would send email to ask. I
do know for a fact they do support SQL Server 2000 and 2005 and their fees
are low.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-88043838&z=17&l=0&m=h