    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Dec 22, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Previously in alt.html, Samuël ML Lison <> said:
    >

    >>What can I use besides this tag to play the flash file properly?

    > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

    Thanks, that document helped a lot.

    As you can see, the rest of the site has a lot of errors and warnings I
    need to work through and fix.

    I will actually be looking for someone to complete this task and try and
    get the whole site working around CSS instead of tables and fully
    validate. The tricky part I think will be the PHPNuke section
    (http://community.dreamcities.net) where the whole theme needs to be
    modified and fixed, probably even more?

    I will post about this when I'm ready to contract someone to do this job
    for me, but money will *not* be an issue. Does $60AUD an hour seem
    reasonable for that kind of job? Considering the code needs a lot of
    work. What would be your cost rating for such a messy job?

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Samuël ML Lison wrote:
    > >>What can I use besides this tag to play the flash file properly?

    > > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

    > Thanks, that document helped a lot.

    While <embed> will throw an error in the validator, it currently (and
    will likely continue to) works every where with no additional work for
    the developer (nor is there a need to own flash to use <embed>). The
    above listed document is a work around for <embed> but not a real
    solution. It has other issues (some of which are addressed in the
    article)

    Depending on what you are doing you can go either way with this.
    --
    -=Tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 22, 2004