    Does this obit pertain to the 'CBFalconer' who used to post here? His
    webpage is also down, as is Heathfield's. Has anyone contacted either
    of them recently?

    santosh, Aug 20, 2011

  2. santosh

    santosh Guest

    santosh wrote:
    > Revisiting after quite a long while, I find both CBFalconer and
    > Richard Heathfield conspicuous by their absence. Does anyone have any
    > information on why they're no longer participating in this group?
    >
    > Does this obit pertain to the 'CBFalconer' who used to post here? His
    > webpage is also down, as is Heathfield's. Has anyone contacted either
    > of them recently?

    Well the link I should have pasted in the parent:

    <http://www.tributes.com/show/Charles-Falconer-87231281>

    santosh, Aug 20, 2011

  3. santosh

    Phil Carmody Guest

    santosh <> writes:
    > santosh wrote:
    > > Revisiting after quite a long while, I find both CBFalconer and
    > > Richard Heathfield conspicuous by their absence. Does anyone have any
    > > information on why they're no longer participating in this group?
    > >
    > > Does this obit pertain to the 'CBFalconer' who used to post here? His
    > > webpage is also down, as is Heathfield's. Has anyone contacted either
    > > of them recently?

    > Well the link I should have pasted in the parent:
    >
    > <http://www.tributes.com/show/Charles-Falconer-87231281>

    Charles did stop posting about mid-2009, so it's possible.
    His posts didn't leave enough breadcrumbs to lead back to OK,
    I'm not sure if he ever owned up to where he resided.

    Phil
    --
    Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious
    belief has a cozy little classification in the DSM.

    Phil Carmody, Aug 20, 2011
  4. santosh

    santosh Guest

    Phil Carmody wrote:
    > santosh <> writes:
    > > santosh wrote:
    > > > Revisiting after quite a long while, I find both CBFalconer and
    > > > Richard Heathfield conspicuous by their absence. Does anyone have any
    > > > information on why they're no longer participating in this group?
    > > >
    > > > Does this obit pertain to the 'CBFalconer' who used to post here? His
    > > > webpage is also down, as is Heathfield's. Has anyone contacted either
    > > > of them recently?

    > > Well the link I should have pasted in the parent:
    > >
    > > <http://www.tributes.com/show/Charles-Falconer-87231281>

    > Charles did stop posting about mid-2009, so it's possible.
    > His posts didn't leave enough breadcrumbs to lead back to OK,
    > I'm not sure if he ever owned up to where he resided.
    >
    > Phil

    Well I should've done a bit more Googling before posting the link. As
    it turns out, CBFalconer *has* provided contact details and address:

    From: http://pipl.com/directory/name/Falconer/800
    Charles B. Falconer. 680 Hartford Tpk., Hamden, CT 06517 Phone: (203)
    288-9136 ... Interesting Position developing software and/or embedded
    systems. ... [ cbfalconer.home.att.net ]

    From his former homepage I'd guess. The obit concerns a different
    person altogether. The Wayback Machine seems to indicate his site was
    last online till early 2009.

    <http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/>

    santosh, Aug 20, 2011
  5. santosh

    santosh Guest

    Richard Harter wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 06:34:32 -0700 (PDT), santosh
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >santosh wrote:
    > >> Revisiting after quite a long while, I find both CBFalconer and
    > >> Richard Heathfield conspicuous by their absence. Does anyone have any
    > >> information on why they're no longer participating in this group?
    > >>
    > >> Does this obit pertain to the 'CBFalconer' who used to post here? His
    > >> webpage is also down, as is Heathfield's. Has anyone contacted either
    > >> of them recently?

    > >Well the link I should have pasted in the parent:
    > >
    > ><http://www.tributes.com/show/Charles-Falconer-87231281>

    > I'm not sure but I don't think that is the same CBF.

    I posted that in haste. A bit more searching showed that it was
    concerning someone else.

    > He retired from
    > usenet participation 4-5 years ago IIRC. My impression is that he
    > live(s/d) in New England.

    Yes! The Wayback Machine still has snapshots of his old site, the last
    one dating back to March 2009.
    <http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/>

    > Heathfield retired from clc a year or two
    > later. My impression is that he was refocusing on British politics.
    > Sorry, no more information than that.

    Good to know that about Heathfield though. Thanks anyway.

    santosh, Aug 20, 2011
  6. In article <>,
    santosh <> wrote:
    >> Heathfield retired from clc a year or two
    >> later. My impression is that he was refocusing on British politics.
    >> Sorry, no more information than that.

    >Good to know that about Heathfield though. Thanks anyway.

    Yes, because the British political, economic, and social structure hasn't
    suffered enough.

    Kenny McCormack, Aug 20, 2011
  7. On 8/20/11 11:10 AM, William Ahern wrote:
    > Richard Harter<> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 06:34:32 -0700 (PDT), santosh
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Well the link I should have pasted in the parent:
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.tributes.com/show/Charles-Falconer-87231281>

    >> I'm not sure but I don't think that is the same CBF. He retired from
    >> usenet participation 4-5 years ago IIRC. My impression is that he
    >> live(s/d) in New England. Heathfield retired from clc a year or two
    >> later. My impression is that he was refocusing on British politics.
    >> Sorry, no more information than that.

    > Possibly Maine:
    >
    > http://web.archive.org/web/20080522130855/http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/cbf/cbfres04.htm

    The last I heard Falconer was living near his daughter in Maine.
    He has grandkids, so that should be sufficient motivation.

    | Charles and Francis Richmond |
    | |
    | plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com |

    Charles Richmond, Aug 20, 2011