What happens if more than one HttpHandler is registered for a file type?

Peter Rilling

Okay, I need to create an HttpHandler that will process all requests to the
server so that I can perform special logging. What happens if there are
more than one handler registered with the same file extension? For
instance, someone accesses a .aspx page. Normally that would only be
handled by normal handler. What I want to do is register a handler for this
extension, but also allow the normal handler to process it after I am done.
I won't be writing anything to the response stream, I just want code to run
on each request. Will this cause problem?

Kevin Spencer

Why don't you just create an inherited Page class that does your task with
each Request, and then inherit that for all of your Pages?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Complex things are made up of
lots of simple things.

Peter Rilling

Because my team does not control the pages or any of the site content for
that matter. Also, I need to perform special logging for static content as
well (e.g. gif, jpg, css, etc.)

Peter Rilling

Two additional points.
1) I need to be able to trap requests for all file types, including ASP,
GIF, CSS, etc.
2) I need to be able to access the user's authenticated identity for that
page request.