what is a good JSP WEB server for Win/XP

hourman

I am an expereinced Oracle/Data Warehouse/BRIO/ASP/html programmer and am
interested in getting some exposure to JSP - servelets, tags, JAVA, etc.

I would like to install a freeware web server that allows me to build simple
JSP pages and play around with debugging them writing simpel JAVA code.

I have seen some programs out there but they appear to require large amount of
setup and conf. Understand if that is the nature of the beast and will use
them, but was looking to see if anybody has an easier choice to recommend.

again rank newbie to JSP.

Jeen Broekstra

hourman said:
I am an expereinced Oracle/Data Warehouse/BRIO/ASP/html
programmer and am interested in getting some exposure to JSP -
servelets, tags, JAVA, etc.

I would like to install a freeware web server that allows me
to build simple JSP pages and play around with debugging them
writing simpel JAVA code.

I have seen some programs out there but they appear to require
large amount of setup and conf. Understand if that is the
nature of the beast and will use them, but was looking to see
if anybody has an easier choice to recommend.

Apache Tomcat. This is the reference implementation for
JSP/Servlets, is freely downloadable and quite easy to install
and configure.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

HTH.

Jeen