what is ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") doing in CDO

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by uofs76@yahoo.com, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to understand why an 'Http address like string' is used
    with Flds.Item among other parts of the object.

    Is the string "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
    sendusing" a built in name in CDO or is it actually addressing
    something out on the NET? If it isn't addressing something on the
    NET, then why use a NET address like string.

    I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I feel like I am missing the big
    picture & would like to be enlightened.

    Thanks,
    John B

    The sample code where I saw this is included below.

    Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    Set Flds = iConf.Fields

    ' Set the CDOSYS configuration fields to use port 25 on the SMTP
    server.

    With Flds
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")
    = cdoSendUsingPort
    'ToDo: Enter name or IP address of remote SMTP server.
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver")
    = "mail.jjjjjj"
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
    smtpconnectiontimeout") = 10