asp send mail cdo error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike, May 17, 2007.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I patched lastnight. My cdo send email code worked until this AM.
    The code has been working for months on my 2003 web server relaying to
    my exchange 2003 server. I now get

    error '80040211'
    /Ricweb/standards/testemail.asp, line 35

    Anyone have any information?

    My code
    <%
    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

    Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 ' cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "my mail server"
    .update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = ""
    .To = "my correct email address"
    .Subject = "Sample CDO Message"
    .TextBody = "This is a test for CDO.message"
    .Send
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing

    %>

    Mike, May 17, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mike <>
    writing in news::

    > I patched lastnight. My cdo send email code worked until this AM.
    > The code has been working for months on my 2003 web server relaying to
    > my exchange 2003 server. I now get
    >
    > error '80040211'
    > /Ricweb/standards/testemail.asp, line 35

    Google for the error and you might find an answer.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 20, 2007