    information between the applications.

    thanks
    RS

    R. Sammut, Mar 4, 2004

  2. R. Sammut

    Jan Tielens Guest

    In the Microsoft world you have several choices:
    - web services
    - .NET Remoting
    - COM+

    My opinion is that web services is probably a good choice if you take a look
    at the future (Indigo) and interoperability.

    I suggest you take a look at this article:
    Designing Data Tier Components and Passing Data Through Tiers
    http://tinyurl.com/2706

    If you really want to use Corba in a .NET environment, take a look at:
    http://remoting-corba.sourceforge.net/
    Remoting.Corba (pronounced remoting dot corba) is a project that aims to
    integrate CORBA/IIOP support into the .NET Remoting architecture. The goal
    is to allow .NET programmers to use C# and Visual Basic .NET to develop
    systems that interoperate with systems that support the Internet Inter-ORB
    Protocol (IIOP), including CORBA systems and various application servers and
    middleware technologies.

    > Another question, when using ASP.net web services, can i build a

    distributed
    > application without using asp??

    You can use web services without having to use web pages. ASP.NET Web
    Services is just the name of the technology, it runs on top of ASP.NET.
    ASP.NET can be used for creating web services OR web pages.

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Mar 4, 2004