CORBA ORB for Linux and C#.NET CORBA ORB

Tomek

Welcome.

I`m trying to prepere some project that shows how to use Corba technology i
heterogenic systems. I`d like to create CORBA server with Borland Delphi (or
C#.NET) and few client applications taht comunicate with serwer: J2ME client
for WindowsCE 5.0, c# or Delphi from WindowsXP, some Web application using
Java and maybe something for Linux system. For few days i`m looking for some
examples in internet but most of them using only one of environment i`d like
to use and don`t show how to use it with other. and now i have few
questions. Any help will be very good:

1. First step i`he tried to do was to obtain comunication between Delphi
CORBA Server (CosNaming example from DEMO\Corba folder in Delphi6) that use
VisiBroker ORB, and Java client using ORB from JSDK. Unfortunately i doesn`t
work for me.

I`ve made those steps:

* server and client use ILD definition like this:

interface Account {

float balance();

};

* run Visibroker Smart Agent on server side

* register Account object in VisiBroker Name Service: NameExtF Account
mylog.txt

* run server application

* when i`m using osfind.exe, i see registred Acount object:

osfind: Found one agent at port 14000

HOST: Tomek

* run java client application: java -classpath .
AccountClient -ORBInitialPort 14000 -ORBInitialHost Tomek

in client`s main function is:

ORB orb = ORB.init(args, null);

//!! NamingContext root =
NamingContextHelper.narrow(orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService"));

and in the second line (with !!) it crashes, i`m thingking it`s about
communication with VisiBroker NameService error I don`t know what`s going
on: when i`m trying to connect Delphi client to delhi server evertything
works fine, when i`m trying to connect from java client to java server that
use ORBD NameService evyrything works OK. when java and delphi should
cooperate - i`t doesn`t work :(.

Maybe you have some ideas what i`m doing wrong. Thanks for any. If you have
some working examples it will be very useful too.

I could use here C#.NET based CORBA server. Maybe it will be easier but i
don`t know what ORB use with C#.NET.

2. When comunication between Delphi (or C#) server and java client will be
working i`d like to implement other client application

and here i have few questions too:

- what ORB use with WindowsCE and J2ME. do you know openfusion jacorb will
be OK? Maybe you have some examples of using it to comunicate with

some server ORB

- what ORB use with C#.NET. Any examples will be very usefull.

- what ORB use from Linux and C++. Which distribution of Linux use. Any
example will be super.

About solutions it`s don`t important to work it quick and effective. Easy
solutions are best for me.

One more time i`m asking help. Thanks for any. Best Regards - gRabbi

Jack Klein

Welcome.

I`m trying to prepere some project that shows how to use Corba technology i
heterogenic systems. I`d like to create CORBA server with Borland Delphi (or
C#.NET) and few client applications taht comunicate with serwer: J2ME client
for WindowsCE 5.0, c# or Delphi from WindowsXP, some Web application using
Java and maybe something for Linux system. For few days i`m looking for some
examples in internet but most of them using only one of environment i`d like
to use and don`t show how to use it with other. and now i have few
questions. Any help will be very good:

[snip]

Go find a Windows newsgroup somewhere, where this might be topical.
Absolutely none of: CORBA, Delphi, C#, .NET, Windows CE or Windows XP
are part of, or defined by, the standard C++ language, which is the
only topic here.