CORBA ORB for Linux and C#.NET CORBA ORB

Discussion in 'C++' started by Tomek, May 31, 2006.

  1. Tomek

    Tomek Guest

    Welcome.

    I`m trying to prepere some project that shows how to use Corba technology i
    heterogenic systems. I`d like to create CORBA server with Borland Delphi (or
    C#.NET) and few client applications taht comunicate with serwer: J2ME client
    for WindowsCE 5.0, c# or Delphi from WindowsXP, some Web application using
    Java and maybe something for Linux system. For few days i`m looking for some
    examples in internet but most of them using only one of environment i`d like
    to use and don`t show how to use it with other. and now i have few
    questions. Any help will be very good:

    1. First step i`he tried to do was to obtain comunication between Delphi
    CORBA Server (CosNaming example from DEMO\Corba folder in Delphi6) that use
    VisiBroker ORB, and Java client using ORB from JSDK. Unfortunately i doesn`t
    work for me.

    I`ve made those steps:

    * server and client use ILD definition like this:

    interface Account {

    float balance();

    };

    * run Visibroker Smart Agent on server side

    * register Account object in VisiBroker Name Service: NameExtF Account
    mylog.txt

    * run server application

    * when i`m using osfind.exe, i see registred Acount object:

    osfind: Found one agent at port 14000

    HOST: Tomek

    * run java client application: java -classpath .
    AccountClient -ORBInitialPort 14000 -ORBInitialHost Tomek

    in client`s main function is:

    ORB orb = ORB.init(args, null);

    //!! NamingContext root =
    NamingContextHelper.narrow(orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService"));

    and in the second line (with !!) it crashes, i`m thingking it`s about
    communication with VisiBroker NameService error I don`t know what`s going
    on: when i`m trying to connect Delphi client to delhi server evertything
    works fine, when i`m trying to connect from java client to java server that
    use ORBD NameService evyrything works OK. when java and delphi should
    cooperate - i`t doesn`t work :(.

    Maybe you have some ideas what i`m doing wrong. Thanks for any. If you have
    some working examples it will be very useful too.

    I could use here C#.NET based CORBA server. Maybe it will be easier but i
    don`t know what ORB use with C#.NET.

    2. When comunication between Delphi (or C#) server and java client will be
    working i`d like to implement other client application

    and here i have few questions too:

    - what ORB use with WindowsCE and J2ME. do you know openfusion jacorb will
    be OK? Maybe you have some examples of using it to comunicate with

    some server ORB

    - what ORB use with C#.NET. Any examples will be very usefull.

    - what ORB use from Linux and C++. Which distribution of Linux use. Any
    example will be super.

    About solutions it`s don`t important to work it quick and effective. Easy
    solutions are best for me.

    One more time i`m asking help. Thanks for any. Best Regards - gRabbi
    Tomek, May 31, 2006

  2. Tomek

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:23:33 +0200, "Tomek" <> wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > Welcome.
    >
    > I`m trying to prepere some project that shows how to use Corba technology i
    > heterogenic systems. I`d like to create CORBA server with Borland Delphi (or
    > C#.NET) and few client applications taht comunicate with serwer: J2ME client
    > for WindowsCE 5.0, c# or Delphi from WindowsXP, some Web application using
    > Java and maybe something for Linux system. For few days i`m looking for some
    > examples in internet but most of them using only one of environment i`d like
    > to use and don`t show how to use it with other. and now i have few
    > questions. Any help will be very good:

    [snip]

    Go find a Windows newsgroup somewhere, where this might be topical.
    Absolutely none of: CORBA, Delphi, C#, .NET, Windows CE or Windows XP
    are part of, or defined by, the standard C++ language, which is the
    only topic here.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com