What is the Equivalent of the CurrentRowIndex Property for a DataGrid Web Control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by .NETn00b, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. .NETn00b

    .NETn00b Guest

    What is the equivalent of CurrentRowIndex for the DataGrid control in
    ASP.NET?

    I am trying to convert the following windows app method, to use in an
    ASP.NET application:

    private void DataGrid1_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

    int c = DataGrid1.CurrentRowIndex;
    DataGrid1.Select(c);
    DataGrid1_Click( sender, e);

    }

    The problem is that there is no CurrentRowIndex property for the
    DataGrid web control. Is there something else I can use, that will give
    me similar functionality?

    I also need to figure out what I can use in place of the Select method,
    which also doesn't exist for the DataGrid web control. Would
    SelectedIndex work? Can this method be adapted?

    Thanks!!!

    --
    Sent via .NET Newsgroups
    http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com

    .NETn00b, Nov 26, 2005

  2. .NETn00b

    Elton Wang Guest

    You can use
    datagrid.SelectedIndex

    or in some events, such as ItemDataBound, ItemCommand

    use e.Item.ItemIndex

    HTH

    Elton Wang, Nov 27, 2005