What % of browsers are Flash enabled?

Webcastmaker

I don't even have the flash plugin installed. Why would anyone want to
download and install something so they can watch advertisements or some
horrid site like the one described above? I don't need ANY stinking
plugins. If it can't work just in the browser, I figure I don't need
it....

Man want some cheese to go with that wine?

Stephen Goodman

SpaceGirl said:
Er... seconds... Perhaps you should get broadband. It's quite nice you know.

Sounds like a bad workman blaming his tools to me. DW generates perfect
code if you know how to code in the first place. Saves a LOT of time.
But if you struggle writing pages in the first place, you're in the
wrong job...

Sorry babe. I don't use bloatware like DW. I just have to support the poor
suckers who do. You seem to have attached yourself to your own "tools" with
that most fatal of adhesives, Religious Fervor.

And you should get out more often.

Stephen Goodman

Webcastmaker said:
One word. Classes. That makes the upgrade worth every penny.

One word. Exhorbitant. DW is constructed in order to require classes in
order to make it sing even partially on-key. One might well make
investments just to be able to afford DW classes in the future, since you
can be sure you'll continue to need to pay for 'em just to use their product
in the future.

Stephen Goodman

Webcastmaker said:
Uh oh, someone sound the no clue alert!

SWF format is 100% free public domain to create and use how ever you
like. If you want to build an application that creates SWF files
then you are free to do so, Macromedia will even supply you with the
tools needed to build such an application.

For proof of your ignorance, google "create SWF file tools"

See if Flash were as bad as you say, then you could use facts rather
than resorting to lies and inaccuracies to try to prove your point.

And you have all the religious energy of a Mac user. Go figure.

Kris

If you sell books about JavaScript, perhaps.

Why wouldn't you want people without Flash plugins to buy your Javascript
book?[/QUOTE]

Did I just mix up two evils? Oh my..

Webcastmaker

One word. Exhorbitant. DW is constructed in order to require classes in
order to make it sing even partially on-key.

You truly don't have a clue do you? "Classes" don't refer to
education.

dp

Art Sackett said:
Deryck said:
I just heard that many corporate users have ActiveX disabled thereby
disabling Flash. If true, then the number drops further away from 100%

True enough, but I set the breakpoint at 50%, as the question was
binary, "closer to 0% or closer to 100%". Personally, I won't use flash
(or javascript, or any optional client-side dependence) for anything
but trivial coolness.
I know a friend who has a site done entirely in Flash. I fired up the Lynx
emulator to give them an idea of what Google sees when it looks at their
site. IIRC it was just:

[EMBED]

Suddenly their wonderful Flash site didnt seem so wonderful to them
anymore.

Yep. I've been down this road I don't know how many times...

According to google, they can now index .swf's -
http://www.google.com/webmasters/facts.html
dp

Matthias Gutfeldt

Art said:
It seems that I overstated when I said that no search engines were
flash-enabled. I stand corrected, and apologize to anyone who feels
he was misled by me.

Oh no! It's too late! I already converted all my Flash sites to HTML!!

Matthias