where are docutils tools installed?

Rim

Hi,

I've installed the latest docutils, but I can't find where the
tools have been installed. I can see them when I expand the
tarball, but I can't find them under site-packages.

Thanks
-Rim

David Goodger

Rim said:
I've installed the latest docutils, but I can't find where the
tools have been installed. I can see them when I expand the
tarball, but I can't find them under site-packages.

Michael is correct, they aren't installed. They can be used from
the "tools" directory of the expanded tarball.

Installing them properly is on the to-do list, however they also
need wholesale renaming, and I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Help is welcome! Please feel free to join the docutils-develop
and/or docutils-users lists (I missed your original article here,
and only noticed Michael's follow-up; posting to one of the
dedicated lists is guaranteed to get better results).

David Goodger http://starship.python.net/~goodger
For hire: http://starship.python.net/~goodger/cv
Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/
(includes reStructuredText: http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html)