Where can I find MS IE WebControls?

Guest

Hi Shiva,

The link was ok and I could get the installation package, but in the
readme.txt file it's said that I should copy the file
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to the app directory.

The problem is that this .dll doesn't exist after installation????

Any ideas?

Kenneth P

Shiva

Hi,
I believe you have to build the source code of the web controls to get the
assmeblies.

Hi Shiva,

The link was ok and I could get the installation package, but in the
readme.txt file it's said that I should copy the file
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to the app directory.

The problem is that this .dll doesn't exist after installation????

Any ideas?

Kenneth P

Shiva

Hi Kenneth,

The ReadMe file in the extracted folder contains the step by step
instructions to build the source code. Its not just the dll but there are
other supported files also need to be copied.

Here is a part from the ReadMe:

-- START --
To build the IE Web Controls:

1. Make sure you have installed the .NET Framework SDK v1.0 or v1.1
2. Run Build.bat, which will create a build folder in this directory. The
build folder contains Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll and a Runtime
directory of supporting files.

To run the IE Web Controls:

1. Copy the contents of the Runtime directory to the webctrl_client\1_0
directory under your top-level site directory. For example, if your site
root is c:\Inetpub\wwwroot, type this at the command prompt:

xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

This will create the following directory structure under the site:

/webctrl_client/1_0
MultiPage.htc
TabStrip.htc
toolbar.htc
treeview.htc
webservice.htc
webserviced.htc
[images]
[treeimages]

-- END --

HTH.

Hi Shiva,

No, there's nothing to build.

Can you mail me the DLL?

Kenneth P

Guest

Shiva,

I already did all that stuff. Doesn't work.

Kenneth

Shiva said:
Hi,
I believe you have to build the source code of the web controls to get the
assmeblies.

Hi Shiva,

The link was ok and I could get the installation package, but in the
readme.txt file it's said that I should copy the file
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to the app directory.

The problem is that this .dll doesn't exist after installation????

Any ideas?

Kenneth P

Shiva

Ok, it built the DLL and the build folder for me. If you still need the DLL
and runtime files, let me know your email id (beware of spam !!!)...

Shiva said:
Hi,
I believe you have to build the source code of the web controls to get the
assmeblies.

Hi Shiva,

The link was ok and I could get the installation package, but in the
readme.txt file it's said that I should copy the file
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to the app directory.

The problem is that this .dll doesn't exist after installation????

Any ideas?

Kenneth P

Guest

Hi Shiva,

The build.bat built the Build folder and the runtime files but not the DLL!!!

Tell you what to do. Got two email addresses, one I can always get in touch
with (a universal, like hotmail) and one private. You can have the universal
here and from there you'll get my private and then you can email me the DLL.

Write whatever text stuff to me on '(e-mail address removed)' and I'll get
your emailaddress and then I'll tell you my private emailaddress and then
we're rolling.

Kenneth P

Shiva said:
Hi,
I believe you have to build the source code of the web controls to get the
assmeblies.

Hi Shiva,

The link was ok and I could get the installation package, but in the
readme.txt file it's said that I should copy the file
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to the app directory.

The problem is that this .dll doesn't exist after installation????

Any ideas?

Kenneth P

:

Hi,
Its here: http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=6&tabid=41

Hi,

This link works but when you try to download IE WebControls you'll get to
page that doesn't exist.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/webcontrols/overview/overview.asp

Anyone who could help me get the IE WebControls download link?

TIA

Kenneth P

Shiva

Just to doble check: make sure you run the batch file from the Visual Studio
..NET 2003 command prompt. Because, the batch file refers to the C# compiler
without absolute path.

Shiva said:
[...]

Chirag Joshi

Hi Shiva,

I also had the same problem as Kenneth ....

I don't know about Kenneth but your last reply worked great for me...

I ran the build.bat file from Visual Studio .net Command Prompt and
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll was right there in build folder....

Thanks.

chirag

Shiva

Hi Chirag! glad to it helped.