    http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
    Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca
    , May 13, 2004

  2. wrote:

    > I don't know how to find out which color names

    I searched my python directory for files including "darkblue"
    and found two text files in <pythondir>\Tools\Pynche with interesting
    lists: webcolors.txt and rgb.txt (as well as some good stuff from
    reportlab and wxPython, which you probably don't have loaded).

    > and font names are available on my system. I'm using Windows 2000.

    I'd search for *.ttf (a particular kind of font file), and look at the
    directories where several of these show up. This is, of course, a Win2K
    rather than Python Question. On my installation, the fonts are in
    C:\WINNT\Fonts.

    --
    -Scott David Daniels
    Scott David Daniels, May 14, 2004

  3. On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:56:44 GMT, wrote:

    > I'm learning Tkinter, from Grayson's book and some online sources.
    >
    > I don't know how to find out which color names and font names are
    > available on my system. I'm using Windows 2000. I assume that info is
    > in some file or files somewhere, buy I don't know the file name or
    > directory.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mitchell Timin

    Mitchell ....

    For a list of fonts in Tkinter,
    you might try ....

    import Tkinter
    import tkFont

    root = Tkinter.Tk()

    list_fonts = list( tkFont.families() )

    list_fonts.sort()

    for this_family in list_fonts :

    print this_family

    For a list of colors in Tkinter
    check the list at ....

    http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/colors.htm

    --
    Cousin Stanley
    Human Being
    Cousin Stanley, May 15, 2004

    Cousin Stanley wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:56:44 GMT, wrote:
    >
    > > I'm learning Tkinter, from Grayson's book and some online sources.
    > >
    > > I don't know how to find out which color names and font names are
    > > available on my system. I'm using Windows 2000. I assume that info is
    > > in some file or files somewhere, buy I don't know the file name or
    > > directory.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mitchell Timin

    > Mitchell ....
    >
    > For a list of fonts in Tkinter,
    > you might try ....
    >
    > import Tkinter
    > import tkFont
    >
    > root = Tkinter.Tk()
    >
    > list_fonts = list( tkFont.families() )
    >
    > list_fonts.sort()
    >
    > for this_family in list_fonts :
    >
    > print this_family
    >
    > For a list of colors in Tkinter
    > check the list at ....
    >
    > http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/colors.htm
    >
    > --
    > Cousin Stanley
    > Human Being
    > Phoenix, Arizona

    Thanks, Couz, that's very good info.

    "Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
    pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

    http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
    Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca
    , May 16, 2004
  5. > Thanks, Couz, that's very good info.

    Mitchell ....

    You're welcome ....

    I'm glad I could help out a bit ....

    --