Which domain registrar best for perl scripting?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by souporpower@gmail.com, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I have written some perl scripts using the following packages:

    URI::URL;
    LWP::UserAgent;
    HTTP::Request;
    HTTP::Request::Common;
    HTTP::Request::Form;
    HTTP::Cookies;
    HTML::TreeBuilder 3.0;
    WWW::Mechanize;

    I want to put my perl scripts on a hosted domain. When one of the
    domain registrars Godaddy was contacted, they techies told me they
    won't support Mechanize among other things.
    So I tried another registrar namecheap.com who did support the modules
    I need, however, won't let me run my scripts because of their high CPU
    usage. Currently my domain with namecheap.com is suspended.

    I don't want to make the same mistakes again. Can anyone tell me which
    registrar is best for high performance perl scripts? Is Yahoo good?
    They list the perl modules at their site, but I didn't see Mechanize.

    Thanks for your help
    , Jul 16, 2008

    On Jul 16, 4:05 pm, smallpond <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi

    > > I have written some perl scripts using the following packages:

    > >  URI::URL;
    > >  LWP::UserAgent;
    > >  HTTP::Request;
    > >  HTTP::Request::Common;
    > >  HTTP::Request::Form;
    > >  HTTP::Cookies;
    > >  HTML::TreeBuilder 3.0;
    > >  WWW::Mechanize;

    > > I want to put my perl scripts on a hosted domain. When one of the
    > > domain registrars Godaddy was contacted, they techies told me they
    > > won't support Mechanize among other things.
    > > So I tried another registrar namecheap.com who did support the modules
    > > I need, however, won't let me run my scripts because of their high CPU
    > > usage. Currently my domain with namecheap.com is suspended.

    > > I don't want to make the same mistakes again. Can anyone tell me which
    > > registrar is best for high performance perl scripts? Is Yahoo good?
    > > They list the perl modules at their site, but I didn't see Mechanize.

    > > Thanks for your help

    > You first need to understand the difference between a domain registrar and
    > a web host - they are two different things.  Web hosting companies will
    > tell you the level of service they provide at what cost.  "Free" websites
    > provided by domain registrars are worth the price you pay for them.
    >
    > --S
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**- Hide quoted text -

    Hi "S"

    Sorry I was unclear. Yes, you are right. I need a good hosting company
    that will provide the modules I have requested.

    Thanks
    , Jul 17, 2008