Which members are created automatically, which members are not inherited?

Kenny McCormack

Rod Pemberton said:
What's your definition of a troll? I went and looked it up to see if it had
changed in fifteen years and it hadn't. It's a regular, who contributes
nothing, never learns to stop replying, and never leaves.

Look at your last seven posts: 6 complaints, 1 useful.

Now I'm being forced to become at troll. Perhaps you became a troll over
time and just didn't realize it. Take a look in the mirror.

Encore! Encore!

I think you got his number.

Flash Gordon

Rod said:
Keith Thompson said:
Vladimir S. Oka said:
Keith Thompson wrote: [...]
KM has long admitted to being a troll. Please either killfile him or
ignore him. I thought I hadn't seen very many posts from him lately;
perhaps ignoring him was actually working. Let's try it again.

You're right. I just couldn't resist the "Trolls R Us" bit. :-(
Please try harder. :-|

What's your definition of a troll? I went and looked it up to see if it had
changed in fifteen years and it hadn't. It's a regular, who contributes
nothing, never learns to stop replying, and never leaves.

Look at your last seven posts: 6 complaints, 1 useful.

You are assuming that trying to get people to follow topicality and
posting conventions is not useful.
Now I'm being forced to become at troll. Perhaps you became a troll over
time and just didn't realize it. Take a look in the mirror.

You are the one trying to get a group to change it's long standing
conventions with the only person supporting your position being a self
acknowledged troll.

*plonk*.

Kenny McCormack

Then Rod sensibly stated:
You are assuming that trying to get people to follow topicality and
posting conventions is not useful.

I think he also assumes that 2+2 = 4.
You are the one trying to get a group to change it's long standing
conventions with the only person supporting your position being a self
acknowledged troll.

And all of those arguing against him are self-acknowledged Nazis.

BTW, best working definition of troll here: Someone who disagrees with the
dominant orthodoxy. See also "heretic".

Mark McIntyre

What's your definition of a troll? I went and looked it up to see if it had
changed in fifteen years and it hadn't. It's a regular, who contributes
nothing, never learns to stop replying, and never leaves.

Sounds kinda like you.
Look at your last seven posts: 6 complaints, 1 useful.

Incorrect. On my server, keith has posted seven articles since 02:03
today, every single one containing informative text.

By the way you missed a attribute. A troll also posts inflammatory
messages with the express intent of provoking people.

That sounds like you too.
Mark McIntyre

Kenny McCormack

Rod sensibly pointed out (re: KT)
Incorrect. On my server, keith has posted seven articles since 02:03
today, every single one containing informative text.

Nonsense. But see below.
By the way you missed a attribute. A troll also posts inflammatory
messages with the express intent of provoking people.

That sounds like you too.

You have to understand, Rod, that these guys really have no life outside
maintaining this stupid little ng in their image. Really, something to be
pitied. In any case, they're never going to give an inch.

The diagnosis of Asperger's is, of course, likely to be dead-on for many,
if not most, of them.

Rod Pemberton

Mark McIntyre said:
Sounds kinda like you.

Incorrect.

No, Correct. Now, I'm dealing with someone who can't read or tell time.
What does _last_ mean to you? Also, if you take the 30 posts prior to the
last 6 before I posted, you'll only find 1 useful in that group. So, 2
useful, 37 complaints.
On my server, keith has posted seven articles since 02:03
today, every single one containing informative text.

I see that. That's good. It appears one troll took the truth to heart.
Now, we just need to work over you, CBFalconer, and Flash Gordon.

Rod Pemberton

Rod Pemberton

Flash Gordon said:
Rod said:
Keith Thompson said:
Keith Thompson wrote:
[...]
[...]

Wow, from you? Amazing. You haven't posted one thing related to any form
of C for the past six months on any of the newsgroups you spam.

Sorry, you're a troll too. How about a troll hug?

Rod Pemberton

Rod Pemberton

Kenny McCormack said:
Rod sensibly pointed out (re: KT)

Nonsense. But see below.

You have to understand, Rod, that these guys really have no life outside
maintaining this stupid little ng in their image. Really, something to be
pitied. In any case, they're never going to give an inch.

The diagnosis of Asperger's is, of course, likely to be dead-on for many,
if not most, of them.

Profound. Very profound. I hadn't thought of Asperger's. But, I was just
about to pull out the DSM-IV to see if I could properly classify a few
people. There are a number of tell tale signs of severe psychological
problems with the people we've been arguing with. I'm especially worried
about Keith Thompson (not CBFalconer). He shows some very rare and
disturbing traits which I'm not going into in this forum.

Rod Pemberton

Vladimir S. Oka

*PLONK*

--
BR, Vladimir

Weiler's Law:
Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it
himself.

Keith Thompson

Rod Pemberton said:
I'm especially worried about Keith Thompson [...]. He shows some
very rare and disturbing traits which I'm not going into in this
forum.

Rod Pemberton

I have responded to this abuse by private e-mail.
I have nothing to say about it publicly.

Keith Thompson

Keith Thompson said:
Rod Pemberton said:
I'm especially worried about Keith Thompson [...]. He shows some
very rare and disturbing traits which I'm not going into in this
forum.

Rod Pemberton

I have responded to this abuse by private e-mail.
I have nothing to say about it publicly.

I should have realized that <[email protected]> is not a valid
e-mail address.

Michael Mair

Rod said:
Profound. Very profound. I hadn't thought of Asperger's. But, I was just
about to pull out the DSM-IV to see if I could properly classify a few
people. There are a number of tell tale signs of severe psychological
problems with the people we've been arguing with. I'm especially worried
about Keith Thompson (not CBFalconer). He shows some very rare and
disturbing traits which I'm not going into in this forum.

Can it, please. Think a moment about what you are doing,
apart from increasing you n/s ratio to Kenny's.
Then think of a better way to reach your goals.

-Michael

CBFalconer

Rod said:
.... snip ...

Profound. Very profound. I hadn't thought of Asperger's. But,
I was just about to pull out the DSM-IV to see if I could properly
classify a few people. There are a number of tell tale signs of
severe psychological problems with the people we've been arguing
with. I'm especially worried about Keith Thompson (not
CBFalconer). He shows some very rare and disturbing traits which
I'm not going into in this forum.

Enough already. Let the trolls amuse each other. PLONK.

Kenny McCormack

Rod Pemberton said:
I'm especially worried about Keith Thompson [...]. He shows some
very rare and disturbing traits which I'm not going into in this
forum.

Rod Pemberton

I have responded to this abuse by private e-mail.
I have nothing to say about it publicly.

Expressing genuine concern for your well-being is "abuse"???

They sure do have some funny definitions here in clc...

Al Balmer

Keith Thompson said:
Vladimir S. Oka said:
Keith Thompson wrote: [...]
KM has long admitted to being a troll. Please either killfile him or
ignore him. I thought I hadn't seen very many posts from him lately;
perhaps ignoring him was actually working. Let's try it again.

You're right. I just couldn't resist the "Trolls R Us" bit. :-(

Please try harder. :-|

What's your definition of a troll? I went and looked it up to see if it had
changed in fifteen years and it hadn't. It's a regular, who contributes
nothing, never learns to stop replying, and never leaves.

I don't know where you looked it up, but Wikipedia's definition is
pretty good:

"In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or
offensive messages on the Internet, such as on online discussion
forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants."

Al Balmer

Profound. Very profound. I hadn't thought of Asperger's. But, I was just
about to pull out the DSM-IV to see if I could properly classify a few
people. There are a number of tell tale signs of severe psychological
problems with the people we've been arguing with. I'm especially worried
about Keith Thompson (not CBFalconer). He shows some very rare and
disturbing traits which I'm not going into in this forum.
Definition of troll: See above. You and Kenny will be forever together
in my killfile. Have fun.

lovecreatesbeauty

Then this (my) post can be considered to be trolled by most of its
participants, right?

Kenny McCormack

Al Balmer said:
I don't know where you looked it up, but Wikipedia's definition is
pretty good:

"In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or
offensive messages on the Internet, such as on online discussion
forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants."

But, but, but.

1) I thought the "experts" around here all consider Wikipedia to be
unreliable and not usable to support one's arguments. Hence, quoting
from it makes you look like an, um, er, troll.

2) That definition (above) certainly doesn't agree with the classical
definition (c. 1990), which is the one I stick to. Effectively, with
all the pollution on the Internet now, the definition of troll has been
reduced to "someone who disagrees with me" (or, "someone who bothers me").

Mark McIntyre

No, Correct.

FYI I pulled Keith's last seven posts off my server. All seven were
topical, helpful and to the point.
Now, I'm dealing with someone who can't read or tell time.

Playing with yourself again Rod?
What does _last_ mean to you?

most recent.
I see that. That's good. It appears one troll took the truth to heart.

Where? I don't see any change in your behaviour.

Mark McIntyre