    Whidby, extends standard ASP.NET to provide mobile access.

    Does anyone know if their's a wizzard that will convert a Mobile
    Internet Toolkit type application over to the new Whidby standard?

    Richard Jones, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Richard Jones

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    No knowledge about any convert tool/wizard, though I would see it possible
    that they'll make such.

    Old mobile (and normal ASP.NET apps) are supposed to be 100% backwards
    compatible in Whidbey, that's ASP.NET team's aim. And yes, new ASP.NET
    controls in v2 are mobile-compatible, means that there isn't separate set of
    controls for different app types.
    --
    Teemu Keiski

    Teemu Keiski, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Microsoft implements various things in Visual Studio.NET
    Whidbey like security issues, data controls and also
    mobile controls. May be Microsoft provide this type of
    tool/wizard in Visual Studio.NET Whidbey.

    http://www15.brinkster.com/visualaspkit
    Software Developer/Web Developer,
    Zeeshan Mahmood. (Administrator Of Visual ASP Kit)

    Zeeshan Mahmood, Nov 30, 2003