Whidby Future

Richard Jones

It sounds to me that the next version of Visual Studio.NET codename
Whidby, extends standard ASP.NET to provide mobile access.

Does anyone know if their's a wizzard that will convert a Mobile
Internet Toolkit type application over to the new Whidby standard?

Teemu Keiski

No knowledge about any convert tool/wizard, though I would see it possible
that they'll make such.

Old mobile (and normal ASP.NET apps) are supposed to be 100% backwards
compatible in Whidbey, that's ASP.NET team's aim. And yes, new ASP.NET
controls in v2 are mobile-compatible, means that there isn't separate set of
controls for different app types.

Zeeshan Mahmood

Microsoft implements various things in Visual Studio.NET
Whidbey like security issues, data controls and also
mobile controls. May be Microsoft provide this type of
tool/wizard in Visual Studio.NET Whidbey.

http://www15.brinkster.com/visualaspkit
Software Developer/Web Developer,
Zeeshan Mahmood. (Administrator Of Visual ASP Kit)