Why do I need ActiveX jinstall-1_4-win.....cab Java Plugin for IntExp browser when I have J2EE v1.6

Tom Parson

On my WinXP system I installed some time ago successfully the well known J2EE v1.6 Java system.

When I visit now an Internet web page a Java plugin is required to run some content (applets)
IntExp 6 thinks that he needs an ActiveX Java Plugin and asks me if he should load
the ActiveX java Plugin

jinstall-1_4-windows-i586.cab

from Sun server.

Ok, I could allow that.

But I am wondering why the existing v1.6 J2EE Java installation does not already provide
all the necessary system wide Java stuff. Can I tell IntExp to use the existing
J2EE installation ?

How can I find out if an IntExp has already the Java ActiveX plugin
installed and if yes: Which version ?

Tom