Why this ASP code all of the sudden stopped working?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Max2006, Oct 5, 2007.

  1. Max2006

    Max2006 Guest

    Hi,

    This classic asp code :

    <%
    Dim objXMLHTTP
    Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    objXMLHTTP.Open "GET",
    "http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=ABX+ABX.TO&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv",
    False
    objXMLHTTP.Send
    Response.write objXMLHTTP.ResponseText
    %>

    Returns the follwoing error:

    msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    Access is denied.
    /tsx/sg.ASP, line 8

    Is there any way I can fix that?

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Max
    Max2006, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Hi Max,

    I've also tried the url, seems when I try open the csv file, it report
    error indicate that the file is not available.

    Anyway, I suggest you test your code against some server documents(maybe on
    your local server) that are ensured to work. thus, you can may sure it is
    not your scritp code that cause the problem. Mostly it is possibly that
    ther server document has something incorrect.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------

    ,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 5, 2007

  3. "Max2006" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > This classic asp code :
    >
    > <%
    > Dim objXMLHTTP
    > Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    > objXMLHTTP.Open "GET",

    "http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=ABX+ABX.TO&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv",
    > False
    > objXMLHTTP.Send
    > Response.write objXMLHTTP.ResponseText
    > %>
    >
    > Returns the follwoing error:
    >
    > msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    > Access is denied.
    > /tsx/sg.ASP, line 8
    >
    > Is there any way I can fix that?

    Apart from the fact that the URL you've provided doesn't appear to be
    accessible anyway. You should use "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0" or (since
    you're not actually getting XML) "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1".

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Oct 5, 2007
  4. Max2006

    jp2code Guest

    Sup Max?

    Looks like it is working today.

    Maybe Yahoo!'s site was down at the time for maintenance. You could ask
    them, but by the time they answered you, we'd both have forgotten what the
    question was!

    BTW: That's a neat way of grabbing stock quotes! I like it. Do you have more
    to show? :)

    "Max2006" asks:

    jp2code, Oct 5, 2007