A question about classic asp

Max2006

Hi,

The follwoing classic asp code all of the sudden stopped working :

<%
Dim objXMLHTTP
Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("microsoft.XMLHTTP")
objXMLHTTP.Open "GET",
"http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=ABX+ABX.TO&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv",
False
objXMLHTTP.Send
Response.write objXMLHTTP.ResponseText
%>

It returns the follwoing error:

msxml3.dll error '80070005'
Access is denied.
/tsx/sg.ASP, line 8

Is there any way I can fix that?

Any help would be appreciated,
Max

WenYuan Wang [MSFT]

Hello Max,

I suggest you may use "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP", rather than
"microsoft.xmlhttp".
This is because, XMLHTTP is not supported in a web-based application. It is
used on Win95/98 platforms and is suited for single-user desktop
application.

If you change your code to the following line, I think the issue should go
away.
set xmlHTTP = server.createobject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")

For more detailed information about ServerXMLHTTP, please refer to the
following KB document
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290761
[Frequently asked questions about ServerXMLHTTP]

What is the difference between XMLHTTP and ServerXMLHTTP?
XMLHTTP is designed for client applications and relies on URLMon, which is
built upon Microsoft Win32 Internet (WinInet). ServerXMLHTTP is designed
for server applications and relies on a new HTTP client stack, WinHTTP.
ServerXMLHTTP offers reliability and security and is server-safe. For more
information, see the MSXML Software Development Kit (SDK) documentation.

How do you choose between XMLHTTP and ServerXMLHTTP?
As the name suggests, ServerXMLHTTP is recommended for server applications
and XMLHTTP is recommended for client applications. XMLHTTP has some
advantages such as caching and auto-discovery of proxy settings support. It
can be used on Windows 95 and Windows 98 platforms, and it is well-suited
for single-user desktop applications.

By the way, (just as Mark's suggestion), for Classic ASP Issue, you may
post it in the Classic ASP
newsgroup:(microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general) next time. The people
in those groups will be more likely to be able to help and familiar in such
field.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more
concern. We are glad to assist you.
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support