Wikipedia vandalism

spinoza1111

Herbert Rosenau a écrit :

WOW!

An almost correct sentence by rosenau, that must have costed him weeks of efforts!

Wunderbar Rosenau, du bis jetzt FAST am Ende deine Sorgen gekommen. Nur noch ein bischen Anstrengung
und du wirst endlich an dein Ziel kommen.

Tschuss

jakob

Hey, French boy: you want to act like that, you can join your German
friend at Nazi camp, you dig me? I've had it with your hostility. You
and Kraut boy deserve each other.

spinoza1111

You've proven once again that you are nothing than a dumb liar with no
knoledge of the real world.

Well, I'm sure in your little shop (Schop? like I care) you make sure
that the programmierungen don't have any time to do good work, and
live in fear of your carpet chewing rage.

Herbert Rosenau

I'm not seeing the relevance to C.

Obviously, Nilges doesn't understand how return types factor into function
behavior. Since that would actually be topical, I'll jump over to that
for a brief moment:

It is permissible in C for the return type to be a sufficiently important
part of a function's signature that an incorrect return type matters
*even if you do not look at the returned value*. Calling sequences may depend
in some way on what, if anything, a function is expected to return.

The issue is that if the implementation is expecting main() to be a function
returning int, and you declare it as a function returning void, this can
cause the initial call to not even successfully transfer control to main(),
at least in principle. I don't know whether any systems have blown up in
that particular case, but it wouldn't particularly surprise me.

There is essential more. There are lots of shell scripts and
applications requirering the value (int) from main() of an hosted C
application, letting the script/application fail miserably when the
called C program failed to return what the C standard requires in an
hosted environmet makes lots of applications fail only because the
programmer (or even the maintainer of the misbuilded environment (like
microsoft or spinoza or jacob naivia).

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

Herbert Rosenau

Hey, French boy: you want to act like that, you can join your German
friend at Nazi camp, you dig me? I've had it with your hostility. You
and Kraut boy deserve each other.

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> is a real braindead, self fucking
liar. He seems himself a praindead, sef fucking nazi licking himself
inside the arse of his Führer.

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

Herbert Rosenau

At Nazi Camp!

You've obviously never written a compiler, nor taken a class in
compiler theory. The usual practice is to identify each function not
only by its name but also by its return type and the enumerated types
of its parameters. In an object oriented language with polymorphism
this completely avoids the need for syntax that declares that a
function "overloads" a function of identical name but different
configuration.

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> proves once again that he knows
nothing about C.

In the case of a C program with void main(), the handling is identical
to int main(). The first call is represented by the tuple (main, void)
with a null parameter list. The second is represented by the tuple
(main, int). The standard syntax int main(int argc, char **argv) is
represented by (main, int, int, char**).

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> proves that he knows nothing about
the interface between something and an C program.

There is no direct interface between the interface int main(...) and a
script or another program. The interface known as main() is well
hidden from the OS, a shell script or other programs in an hosted
environment.

There is an interface between the OS (to be in detail: the program
laungher of the OS and the program that asks for another program to
get launched. This interface does
- fiddle out where the program to launch is located
- do some implementation depend work to transfer the executable from
its external location (hard disk, floppy, CD, somewhere on network
somewhere in the world....) into memory, setup control to it.
After the program ends it will copy the result (as described by the
runtime interace (here the implementation defined by the abstract
mashine defined by the C standard and the OS and the interface of the
implementation of the abstract mashine for int main().

This ends up in undefined behavior from return of main() to the caller
of the program.

So anybody who is trying void main() proves that he knows nothing
about programming at all.

Since implicit overloading isn't allowed in C, two main() procedures
with the same name can be flagged as an error whether or not their
parameters or return types are identical.

If the executable is linked with another program, the complete tuple
is available. If the executable is called by a shell processor, the
shell processor will have to be written by competent people who will
understand that any executable is ONLY guaranteed to start at the
location defined for the single main() procedure. If this main is
void, it will still in most calling conventions return to the address
supplied it on the "stack" with which people with a clue know about.

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> proves again haing no knowledge
how interprocess communiaction is working.
The only danger point is when your idiot shell procedure BLINDLY tests
the return code from a procedure declared as void main(). But
competent programmers never assume that an executable will return
anything. They consult the "man" page or the source code!

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> proves again having no knowledge
about reality.
Your ignorance of runtime in fact appeared in CTCN-3 when you
foolishly criticized Schildt for talking about stacks. Your uninformed
speculations about what "might" happen are characteristic of your
desire to replace knowledge by ignorance.

Schidt has proven more than once that he knows nothing about C and
that he is even unable to understund the C standard as hje has
published it himself beside his false annotations lying to any reader
of his books.
To the ignorant, the world is full of fabulous monsters and unknown
terrors. However, main will always have an address and most
architectures will simply branch to this address when the executable
is called, with (in the standard case) the stack preloaded with the
return address, the argument count, and a pointer to a pointer to a
char. If main is declared without parameters the second and third
items will be ignored. If it is declared with different parameters an
error will result. But if the operating system expects in all cases to
find the stack with a usable single value past pre-existing contents,
this is an OS with a bug. This is because the OS can know the
difference, or lack thereof, in stack size before and after it calls
an executable, and when the size does not change, set the return code
to a suitable value.

The only dumbass, ignoring facts is spinoza1111
If the shell procedure makes an explicit request for the return code,
usually using a keyword such as rc, the programmer risks a crash or
worse (continued execution based on garbage results). But all this
means is that competent writers of shell procedures shall diligently
inform themselves as to the main signature of any routine they call.
Certainly, latter-day competent C authors writing main() procedures
should use int main(), but this is a norm, it doesn't describe what's
out there.

Yeah, an dumbass like Schild or his dumb puppet spinoza1111
<[email protected]> has made the mistake to ignoer the
requirements of each standard and even K&R1 because this is the proven
interface between 2 programs in any existent hosted environment since
more than 40 years. That includes DOS 1.0, TOS, Amiga OS, each unix,
linux, MAC OS, and any other OS spinoza1111 <[email protected]>
not even knows that it exists.

All that describes int main(...) and equivalent interfaces for any
other programming language. Ony ignorants of real world like
spinoza1111 <[email protected]> unable to understund facts proven
by anybody else.

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

spinoza1111

There is essential more. There are lots of shell scripts and
applications requirering the value (int) from main() of an hosted C
application, letting the script/application fail miserably when the
called C program failed to return what the C standard requires in an
hosted environmet makes lots of applications fail only because the
programmer (or even the maintainer of the misbuilded environment (like
microsoft or spinoza or jacob naivia).

Hi, how's Nazi camp?

It is the shell script programmer's responsibility to check the man
page, other document, or source code to ensure that the main()
procedure is not void. Most modern compilers, including Microsoft C++
in C mode, will flag non-standard main(), but a professional
programmer codes defensively and doesn't go around pointing fingers at
people.

spinoza1111

[...]

Hey, how's Nazi camp?

No, anyone who assumes anything makes an ass out of you and and ass
out of me.

It is standard practice amongst competent programmers to explicitly
document (1) whether their code returns anything to its host, be that
a shell script in the case of a main() executable or a caller
otherwise, and (2) what this value means.

If you don't know the answer to the second question, there's no point
in branching in a shell procedure based on let us say a zero which
could mean "false, error return" or "OK". But to answer it you need to
consult the man page, other documentation, or source code to find out
whether a value is returned. If you don't do this, you're incompetent,
mein Herr.

Keith Thompson

Herbert Rosenau said:
spinoza1111 <[email protected]> is a real braindead, self fucking
liar. He seems himself a praindead, sef fucking nazi licking himself
inside the arse of his Führer.

That does it.

Plonk.

(I'm not commenting on the accuracy of Herbert's statement, merely on
its inappropriateness.)

Kenny McCormack

That does it.

Plonk.

Color me impressed. I thought Herby was the designated enforcer of the
CLC regs. I have to say, I'm impressed that Kiki is actually able to
drop the "P Bomb" on one of his own.

--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...

spinoza1111

[...]
spinoza1111 <[email protected]> is a real braindead, self fucking
liar. He seems himself a praindead, sef fucking nazi licking himself
inside the arse of his Führer.

That does it.

Plonk.

(I'm not commenting on the accuracy of Herbert's statement, merely on
its inappropriateness.)

So you believe I am ein prain-dead, sef fucking Nazi licking myself
inside ze ass of mein Fuhrer, but it's not nice to say so?

So who's the Nazi, and, who here wants other people to do his dirty
work for him even as Hitler wanted the Sturmbateilung Arbeiter to beat
up teachers?

spinoza1111

There is essential more. There are lots of shell scripts and
applications requirering the value (int) from main() of an hosted C
application, letting the script/application fail miserably when the
called C program failed to return what the C standard requires in an
hosted environmet makes lots of applications fail only because the
programmer (or even the maintainer of the misbuilded environment (like
microsoft or spinoza or jacob naivia).

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

Visithttp://www.ecomstation.dethe home of german eComStation
eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

There is a Nazi named Rosenhau
Who said wow,
Kill spinoza
Hand him ovah
To the gas chambers pow pow pow

There is a Fascist and his name is Herb
His boys they pull up to the kerb
And jump out
With gun whip and knout
To beat up the victims of the Fascist named Herb

There is a Nazi who likes to hear himself talk
Whose favorite song is der Fahne Hoch
His name is Rosenau
He's havin' a cow
That Nazi who likes to hear himself talk

And although Thompson disapproves
Of some of what Herbie says that he loves
In general Kiki thinks its good
That Rosenau puts in the boot
Thus ever do street thugs do the work of the toffs

There was a programmer who lost a lot of sleep
Over whether his void main procedure might go, neep
When called by a shell
Procedure which would then check the return code only to suck the
contents of the top of the bloody stack from before the start of the
stupid void main procedure and then cause everything to go to, well,
Hell
Thus this fool lost his beauty, sleep.

There are a lot of programmers here with a hair up their ass
Who haven't taken computer science, or, if they have, didn't pass
But oh boy
Should you with their shibboleths toy
They sure get a hair [break into song]
They put on an air
They are burdened with care
They sure get a hair up their ass (up their ass)

For lack of education is the source of remonstration
In a demon-haunted world, a world lit only by fire,
That one might offend the gods, and be punished,
Like Prometheus, chain'd to a rock on the grim mountain,
Or the goddess, dancing herself to death.

spinoza1111

Color me impressed.  I thought Herby was the designated enforcer of the
CLC regs.  I have to say, I'm impressed that Kiki is actually able to
drop the "P Bomb" on one of his own.

There are some indications that Kiki tries to be fair. But he said
that Herbie der Sturmer was "accurate". It's OK for the thugs here,
like Heathfield, to lie about the competent, but they must do so in
polite terms.
--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong.  It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...

Herbert Rosenau

Hey, how's Nazi camp?

Same as you are a killer! You have no idea how my family was gone
under nazi regime but tries to insult me for that. You are a big pig
with no brain at a11.

You should go into KZ as nazis have done with people they had not
liked. You are a nazi like Adolf Hitler was - I hope he has killed
your family!
No, anyone who assumes anything makes an ass out of you and and ass
out of me.

It is standard practice amongst competent programmers to explicitly
document (1) whether their code returns anything to its host, be that
a shell script in the case of a main() executable or a caller
otherwise, and (2) what this value means.

If you don't know the answer to the second question, there's no point
in branching in a shell procedure based on let us say a zero which
could mean "false, error return" or "OK". But to answer it you need to
consult the man page, other documentation, or source code to find out
whether a value is returned. If you don't do this, you're incompetent,
mein Herr.

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> has no idea what reality is. He
has never written a real program, not a single shell script for real
work and has not even seen a real scool that was trying its students
to bring a little brit practise in programming. spinoza1111
<[email protected]> may have won a diplom in a lottery but has not
studied in real. So spinoza1111 <[email protected]> has nothing to
say about practise but quacks like a duck without any sense.

spinoza1111 <[email protected]> piss off with your misanthropic
thinking. I wish yourself to have to suffer from real nazis and you'll
never tries to play with comparing somebody with them! You are the
only nazi in this group!

--
[...]

No, Herbert. My father helped as a medical officer of the United
States Army to de-nazify Germany. One of his duties: to have wild
parties with local girls in Hitler's Berchesgarten to show people like
you that the war was over (not making this up). The local girls
really, really liked the big, friendly Americans, including the
blacks, and according to my father, the GIs went wild. Hurts, don't
it?

But by 1948, it had become more important to make West Germany anti-
Communist, and the de-Nazifiers had to stand down. The result? Your
foulness, and Germans at Bayreuth who scream imprecations at set
designs for Wagner that are not "Ayran".

Many Krautfaces feel it's bad manners to call them Nazis. But the real
"bad manners" was a prewar society which created the preconditions for
THE MURDER OF SIX MILLION JEWS in a daily life that was constituted by
incivility like yours. For example, Theodore Adorno, the sociologist
and philosopher, records getting screamed at on a tram in Frankfurt
for speaking High German.

A distant relative of mine is a Youtube star because he creates
revenue for his town of Osterude am Harz by writing as a citizen
parking tickets that are legal under German law. In America, he'd be
praised for civic activism. In Germany, he's screamed at because
Germans only take orders, it seems, from jackbooted thugs, not
harmless looking old gentlemen.

I'm really glad my ancestors got out in 1848.

Herbert Rosenau

nothing but blames himself as murder of his own brain.

braindead asshole piss off usenet.

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

spinoza1111

nothing but blames himself as murder of his own brain.

braindead asshole piss off usenet.

Boy, it still hurts after all these years...defeat, that is.

There is a Nazi named Herb
Who rages, sitting on the kerb
With his junk having been evicted
For unspeakable crimes, of which he shortly shall be convicted
That Nazi clown named Herb

He rages at the image of his own weakness and futility
He can't code the simplest utility
He's a Nazi twat
And that is that
That filthy swine named Herb

He finds the target of the mob
And being a complete and total slob
Joins the fun
With his gun
That moron unspeakable named Herb

His envy is probably sexual
He never gets the girl
And because he always pays for it
We have to listen to his unspeakable shit
It's enough to make one hurl

He has some little company
I think it is in Germany
Must be a charming little shop
Of horrors about which he doth hop
Giving orders like Eichmann at Wannsee
Up yours.

Squeamizh

[...]
spinoza1111 <[email protected]> is a real braindead, self fucking
liar. He seems himself a praindead, sef fucking nazi licking himself
inside the arse of his Führer.

That does it.

Plonk.

(I'm not commenting on the accuracy of Herbert's statement, merely on
its inappropriateness.)

I believe Richard summed it up best in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/d3aa7dfa8042d95d
when he said, "Hey, Herbert. I have a good idea. Why don't you ****
off?"

Phil Carmody

Herbert Rosenau said:
nothing but blames himself as murder of his own brain.

braindead asshole piss off usenet.

Why the heck haven't you killfiled him yet, if you so dislike what
he writes? The fact that you haven't makes you look as much the idiot.

And my question was rhetorical, I'll not see any answer.

Phil

spinoza1111

Same as you are a killer! You have no idea how my family was gone
under nazi regime but tries to insult me for that. You are a big pig
with no brain at a11.

You should go into KZ as nazis have done with people they had not
liked. You are a nazi like Adolf Hitler was - I hope he has killed
your family!

It really does not matter how your family fared under the Nazis. If
you're not Jewish and they were living in Germany, they probably did
just great until the last years of the war.

The point is that your posts are filled with hate that is quite
reminiscent of the Nazis, and that your country was for many years in
complete denial of its past. The Holocaust and WWII were not even
taught in German schools until recently.
spinoza1111 <[email protected]> has no idea what reality is. He
has never written a real program, not a single shell script for real
work and has not even seen a real scool that was trying its students
to bring a little brit practise in programming. spinoza1111
<[email protected]> may have won a diplom in a lottery but has not
studied in real. So spinoza1111 <[email protected]> has nothing to
say about practise but quacks like a duck without any sense.
Fucking tirade, asshole. You are welcome to come to where I live any
time and say it to my face. I'm not afraid of you.
spinoza1111 <[email protected]> piss off with your misanthropic
thinking. I wish yourself to have to suffer from real nazis and you'll
never tries to play with comparing somebody with them! You are the
only nazi in this group!

Any time, scumbag.