Win2k3 .NET Error

Jim Rackley

I'm running Win2k3 Enterprise on a Compaq ML370G2 and I'm getting the
following error when I try to access my ASPX pages via a browser. Normal
ASP pages work fine.

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\procurementmockup\5037ef28\302fd907\hash.web" is denied.

Everything I've found on the error says the ASP.NET account doesn't have
priviledges on the folder/files. I've given the appropriate permissions but
it still returns the same error.

I also notice that it does not create the necessary folders below the
"Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder. I had to create them manually to even get
this error. Before that I received the same message, but the "hash.web" was
truncated.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Jim

Felix Wang

If you are using the default process model for IIS 6.0, ASPNET account is
not used to launch the worker process. It is the w3wp.exe under "Network
Service".

You may try setting the process model to IIS 5 compatible using inetmgr.
This may help to isolate the problem.