    Hi
    Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
    or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

    vithi, Jan 31, 2007

  2. vithi

    Gary Herron Guest

    vithi wrote:
    > Hi
    > Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
    > or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

    You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    Gary Herron

    Gary Herron, Jan 31, 2007

  3. vithi

    vithi Guest

    This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
    "win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
    it let me know.

    vithi, Feb 1, 2007
  4. vithi

    rzed Guest

    "vithi" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    > Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules
    > win32com or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch"
    > thanks

    What distribution are you using? If you are using Windows and have
    downloaded the Python.org one, then, as Gary has told you:
    "You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/"

    I think the ActiveState distro includes it as part of its package.

    I don't know if any of this applies if you are using Linux, VMS, etc.

    --
    rzed

    rzed, Feb 1, 2007
  5. En Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:17:10 -0300, vithi <> escribió:

    > This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
    > "win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
    > it let me know.
    >
    > On Jan 31, 1:45 pm, Gary Herron <> wrote:
    >> vithi wrote:
    >> > Hi
    >> > Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
    >> > or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

    >> You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
    >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    Yes. You get the win32com module from the above url. It's part of that
    package, by Mark Hammond, and a lot of people uses it.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 1, 2007
  6. vithi

    vithi Guest

    Hi,
    If you are saying win32com in part of the python then you are wrong.
    Here is a prove:-

    IDLE 1.2
    >>> import win32com

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    import win32com
    ImportError: No module named win32com

    you try in your computer

    vithi, Feb 2, 2007
  7. vithi

    vithi Guest

    vithi, Feb 2, 2007
  8. vithi

    vithi Guest

    Hi,
    I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
    python then you are wrong.
    Here is a prove:-

    IDLE 1.2

    >>> import win32com

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    import win32com
    ImportError: No module named win32com

    you try in your computer

    vithi

    vithi, Feb 2, 2007
  9. En Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:18:49 -0300, vithi <> escribió:

    > If you are saying win32com in part of the python then you are wrong.

    Uh, what is so difficult to understand?

    vithi wrote:

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    > import win32com
    > ImportError: No module named win32com

    Sure, you don't have it installed, else you would not be asking here.

    > you try in your computer

    Why should I?

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 2, 2007
  10. vithi

    rzed Guest

    "vithi" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of

    the
    > python then you are wrong.

    That is not what I or anyone else is saying. What we have said,
    perhaps not in words you understand, is this:

    1) In your browser, enter this URL:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    2) When the page comes up, find the big green box that says
    "Download Python for Windows extensions" and click on it

    3) In the next page that comes up, find the big green box that
    says "Download" and click on that. That will bring up a page with
    a list of installers, each with a name that indicates what Python
    release the module goes with. If you have the 2.4 release, for
    instance, click on pywin32-210.win32-py2.4.exe to download the
    matching pywin32 installer.

    4) When you have downloaded the installer, click on it in your
    Windows Explorer. This will execute the installer, and the entire
    pywin32 package will be installed, including win32com.

    Try those steps, then try importing win32com again.

    --
    rzed

    rzed, Feb 2, 2007
  11. On 1 Feb 2007 17:28:02 -0800, "vithi" <> declaimed
    the following in comp.lang.python:

    > Hi,
    > I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the

    No, you are using /A/ Python interpreter compiled to RUN on Windows.
    "Python for Windows" is a different creature -- it is an EXTENSION
    LIBRARY that has to be installed into you existing Python installation
    and gives you the ability to write code using the Windows API.

    If you'd spent the 5 minutes to download the package when this first
    was suggest, and run it, you'd have been done days ago.

    > python then you are wrong.
    > Here is a prove:-
    >
    > IDLE 1.2

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    > import win32com
    > ImportError: No module named win32com

    C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Lee Bieber>python
    ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 12 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
    Python 2.4.3 (#69, Apr 11 2006, 15:32:42) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
    win32
    >>> import win32com

    NOTE: the ActiveState builds INCLUDE the "Python for Windows"
    package (but leave out SSL, I believe).

    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    (Bestiaria Support Staff: )
    HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Feb 2, 2007
  12. vithi

    Tim Roberts Guest

    "vithi" <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
    >python then you are wrong.

    Look, you aren't paying attention. No one has said win32com is part of
    Python. What everyone has said is that win32com is part of the "Python for
    Windows extensions" by Mark Hammond. They used to be called "win32all" and
    are now called "pywin32".

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32

    The download includes a huge number of useful Python tools for Windows
    users, of which win32com is just one.

    >Here is a prove:-

    >Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    > import win32com
    >ImportError: No module named win32com
    >>>>

    >you try in your computer

    It works just fine in my computer, because I have "pywin32" installed.
    --
    Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

    Tim Roberts, Feb 2, 2007
  13. vithi

    GHUM Guest

    rzed,

    > 1) In your browser, enter this URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    [...]
    > Try those steps, then try importing win32com again.

    man, you are SOOOOO 2005. Could'nt you please make a screen cap video,
    upload it to youtube and give a pointer to it on your blog?
    *wink*

    Harald

    GHUM, Feb 2, 2007
  14. vithi

    GHUM Guest

    btw... the statement with "youtube" was a joke.

    I really applaud rzed you for giving this detailed descriptions,
    people like him make the spirit of c.l.p.: People get help here WAY
    over what commercial support usually gets you.

    Thanks for doing that, rzed!

    best wishes,

    HArald

    GHUM, Feb 2, 2007