Window.open vs window.showmodelessdialog

sathyanrockie

Plase tell me what is the difference between window.open and
window.showmodelessdialog.
Can we use window.showmodelessdialog in place of window.open?

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Plase tell me what is the difference between window.open and
window.showmodelessdialog.
Can we use window.showmodelessdialog in place of window.open?

showmodelessdialog is exclusively known by Internet Explorer
and probably only with Windows ... :-(
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodelessdialog.asp

doesn't seem to replace window.open()
or, more exactly, it is a window.open with more functionabilities
from most important : you can't put it in back (still stays on front)

if you work on a project running only on PC Windows environment
you may use showmodelessdialog
if not ... window.open() !