Windows authentication not authenticating

Jason

I have an application that has specified Windows authenticaion in the
web.config file... however, the browser is not prompting for the
credentials.

I checked IIS for the app and Integrated authenticaion is selected.

Anyone have an idea on what could be causing this?

ZZZZ

Jason said:
I have an application that has specified Windows authenticaion in the
web.config file... however, the browser is not prompting for the
credentials.

I checked IIS for the app and Integrated authenticaion is selected.

Anyone have an idea on what could be causing this?

You must uncheck Anonimous access from iis.
However if the current user of computer accessing web application is
authorized the browser do not prompt for the credentials.
If you ever want this prompt then you must change access mode of iexplorer
for always require credentials .

Excuse me for my very bad english.

Scott Allen

IE doesn't nessecarily prompt with Integrated authentication [thats a
feature of integration :)].

You can force IE to prompt by going into Tools -> Internet Options ->
Security and setting a custom level for the server zone (scroll down
to authentication options). I believe the default for the local
Intranet zone allows IE to send the current user's credentials
automatically - no prompt.

Jason

Unchecking anonymous did the trick.

Thanks.