Windows installer, different versions of Python on Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Max M, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Max M

    Max M Guest

    I would like to install several copies of Python 2.4.2 on my machine,
    but it doesn't seem to be possible.

    If I allready has a version installed, the installer only gives the
    options to:

    - change python 2.4.2
    - repair python 2.4.2
    - remove python 2.4.2

    I would like to install different versions of Zope 3, and since it is
    installed under a specific python version, the simplest solution would
    be to install several Python versions, and install a different zope3
    version under each python install.

    Have I misunderstood something here?

    --

    hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

    http://www.mxm.dk/
    IT's Mad Science
    Max M, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Max M

    Brandon K Guest

    When you install Python it plug entries into the registry, so that when
    you go to install add-ons that are pre-compiled binaries, they look into
    the registry for the python directory. If you can find out how to
    manipulate the registry so that the binaries would recognize different
    installations, you'd be good to go. This would probably involve having
    copies of the same key with different values.

    > I would like to install several copies of Python 2.4.2 on my machine,
    > but it doesn't seem to be possible.
    >
    > If I allready has a version installed, the installer only gives the
    > options to:
    >
    > - change python 2.4.2
    > - repair python 2.4.2
    > - remove python 2.4.2
    >
    > I would like to install different versions of Zope 3, and since it is
    > installed under a specific python version, the simplest solution would
    > be to install several Python versions, and install a different zope3
    > version under each python install.
    >
    > Have I misunderstood something here?

    Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms!
    ----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----
    Brandon K, Oct 10, 2005