Windows installer, different versions of Python on Windows

Max M

I would like to install several copies of Python 2.4.2 on my machine,
but it doesn't seem to be possible.

If I allready has a version installed, the installer only gives the
options to:

- change python 2.4.2
- repair python 2.4.2
- remove python 2.4.2

I would like to install different versions of Zope 3, and since it is
installed under a specific python version, the simplest solution would
be to install several Python versions, and install a different zope3
version under each python install.

Have I misunderstood something here?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science

Brandon K

When you install Python it plug entries into the registry, so that when
you go to install add-ons that are pre-compiled binaries, they look into
the registry for the python directory. If you can find out how to
manipulate the registry so that the binaries would recognize different
installations, you'd be good to go. This would probably involve having
copies of the same key with different values.

I would like to install several copies of Python 2.4.2 on my machine,
but it doesn't seem to be possible.

If I allready has a version installed, the installer only gives the
options to:

- change python 2.4.2
- repair python 2.4.2
- remove python 2.4.2

I would like to install different versions of Zope 3, and since it is
installed under a specific python version, the simplest solution would
be to install several Python versions, and install a different zope3
version under each python install.

Have I misunderstood something here?

Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms!
----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----