Windows Server 2003/IIS 6.0/ASP.NET "Could not find a part of the path"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by dsh, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. dsh

    dsh Guest

    I have an ASP.NET web application running on a load-balanced Windows
    Server 2003 web farm running IIS 6.0, using Active Directory
    authentication. I'm trying to programmatically create a new directory
    on a different server in the same domain. Before we switched to 2003,
    I was able to simply change the user in the machine.config file to a
    domain user with permissions. In 2003 I have done the following:

    1. Created a new domain user account.
    2. Made this user an Administrator on all servers.
    3. Created a new application pool and set the Identity of the App Pool
    to the new user.
    4. Set my application to use this app pool.
    5. Added this user account to the IIS_WPG group.
    6. Added User Rights of "adjust memory quotas for a process" and
    "Replace a process level token" to this user account.
    7. Used the SETSPN to add a SPN for this user account using syntax:
    SETSPN.EXE –A HOST/<computer name> Domain\UserAccount

    I'm still getting the "Could not find a part of the path…" error when
    the System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory method is called.

    Any ideas?
    dsh, Jan 15, 2004

  2. dsh

    Jan Tielens Guest

    I suggest you post this question in the ASP.NET or IIS newsgroups... I guess
    they'll be able to help you out.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens

    Jan Tielens, Jan 16, 2004

  3. dsh

    dsh Guest

    Thanks, Jan. I realized my mistake in posting it in the webservices
    forum immediately after I submitted it and put it in the proper forum.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    - Darrien

    dsh, Jan 16, 2004