    possible? In which way?
    Thanks in advance.
    VV

    Wally, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Wally,
    The "simplest" way may be to create a second program that you put in the
    Startup Reg Key of all users that uses
    System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.ExecuteCommand to inform the service
    that some one logged in.

    If you need the user name, then I would consider using .NET Remoting between
    the startup client & the service.

    You may want to also ask this "down the hall" in one of the Win32 programmer
    newsgroups to see what the Win32 API itself has to offer. One of:

    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.*

    Hope this helps
    Jay

    Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook], Oct 15, 2004