Windows XP Home and IE 6.0

pilot

Can anyone help - I cannot execute javascripts in IE 6.0, it is a new
machine running XP Home. Sites with Search or Contact Us that make
calls to javascripts will not execute.

I have read all about installing new java engines, but this of course
is a seperate problem and I do not have an issue with running java
programs within explorer.

Please Help - I'm trying to find a new job and all the sites make
calls to javascript for more job details or contact us !!

Thanks

pilot

kaeli

Can anyone help - I cannot execute javascripts in IE 6.0, it is a new
machine running XP Home. Sites with Search or Contact Us that make
calls to javascripts will not execute.

Lots of people have had this problem. There are various causes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8
&q=windows+xp+home+can%27t+run+javascript&btnG=Google+Search

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8
&q=windows+xp+home+can%27t+run+javascript&sa=N&tab=wg

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't stare at someone
who does. Just don't lick the TV screen, it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Andrew Hood

kaeli

Thanks for taking the time to answer - I checked out the links you sent
and surfed around a bit - found the problem - Norton Internet Security
2004 - turn it off and javascripts run just fine.

Don't fancy surfing about without Norton running though - do you have
any experience with this software and how I could configure it to work ?

Cheers

pilot

kaeli

kaeli

Thanks for taking the time to answer - I checked out the links you sent
and surfed around a bit - found the problem - Norton Internet Security
2004 - turn it off and javascripts run just fine.

Don't fancy surfing about without Norton running though - do you have
any experience with this software and how I could configure it to work ?

No, sorry. I use ZoneAlarm.

In Googling, I found this.
Advanced Options -> Active Content tab
has things about script on it for NIS 2002. Maybe it's the same for
2004?

You can probably get a better answer in comp.security.firewalls