Unable to install IIS on Windows XP Home Edition

Nizar Jubran

Hi Mates,
I red a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE, I bought a new
laptop with windows xp he, and i want to install iis on it, in the
tutorial i enter the system and make some changes then i add the
iis.dll and the iis.inf, anyway.. after some steps I reach to the
control panel and I have an IIS option, I thought it worked but when I
was not able to check the option in order to click next and continue
to the installation of the IIS.
I rebooted and remade the tutorial but i got the same problem - can't
check the option of the iis in the control panel "ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS
COMPONENTS" - what can i do ? please help me ..

McKirahan

Nizar Jubran said:
Hi Mates,
I red a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE, I bought a new
laptop with windows xp he, and i want to install iis on it, in the
tutorial i enter the system and make some changes then i add the
iis.dll and the iis.inf, anyway.. after some steps I reach to the
control panel and I have an IIS option, I thought it worked but when I
was not able to check the option in order to click next and continue
to the installation of the IIS.
I rebooted and remade the tutorial but i got the same problem - can't
check the option of the iis in the control panel "ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS
COMPONENTS" - what can i do ? please help me ..

Upgrade to WinXP Pro which support IIS.

Jeff Cochran

I red a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE, I bought a new
laptop with windows xp he, and i want to install iis on it, in the
tutorial i enter the system and make some changes then i add the
iis.dll and the iis.inf, anyway.. after some steps I reach to the
control panel and I have an IIS option, I thought it worked but when I
was not able to check the option in order to click next and continue
to the installation of the IIS.
I rebooted and remade the tutorial but i got the same problem - can't
check the option of the iis in the control panel "ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS
COMPONENTS" - what can i do ? please help me .

Didn't you just ask this? The answer never changes -- this is
unsupported and you're on your own if it doesn't work.

Jeff

Nizar Jubran

Well, I have read a tutorial for installing IIS on winXP HE and it
worked, but it's not working on my computer particularry, that's why I
asked, not because i wanted you to tell me if I can or not :S:S:S

McKirahan

Nizar Jubran said:
Well, I have read a tutorial for installing IIS on winXP HE and it
worked, but it's not working on my computer particularry, that's why I
asked, not because i wanted you to tell me if I can or not :S:S:S

"I red [sic] a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE" -- where?

Perhaps:

How to get IIS running on your Windows XP Home system
http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_server/iis_xph/pippo_xp.asp

WARNING: Microsoft do not support the installation of IIS on XP Home
edition. This work around is not for beginners. If you have any doubts about
your ability to carry out the instructions in this article DO NOT attempt
this tutorial. Back up all your important information before attempting this
method of installing IIS. Neither the author or WebThang accept any
responsibility for damage caused to your data or computer resulting from the
use of this method of installing IIS.