    I rebooted and remade the tutorial but i got the same problem - can't
    check the option of the iis in the control panel "ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS
    COMPONENTS" - what can i do ? please help me ..

    Nizar Jubran, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Nizar Jubran

    McKirahan Guest

    "Nizar Jubran" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Mates,
    > I red a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE, I bought a new
    > laptop with windows xp he, and i want to install iis on it, in the
    > tutorial i enter the system and make some changes then i add the
    > iis.dll and the iis.inf, anyway.. after some steps I reach to the
    > control panel and I have an IIS option, I thought it worked but when I
    > was not able to check the option in order to click next and continue
    > to the installation of the IIS.
    > I rebooted and remade the tutorial but i got the same problem - can't
    > check the option of the iis in the control panel "ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS
    > COMPONENTS" - what can i do ? please help me ..

    Upgrade to WinXP Pro which support IIS.

    McKirahan, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Nizar Jubran

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 14 Jan 2005 02:49:31 -0800, (Nizar Jubran)
    wrote:

    >I red a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE, I bought a new
    >laptop with windows xp he, and i want to install iis on it, in the
    >tutorial i enter the system and make some changes then i add the
    >iis.dll and the iis.inf, anyway.. after some steps I reach to the
    >control panel and I have an IIS option, I thought it worked but when I
    >was not able to check the option in order to click next and continue
    >to the installation of the IIS.
    >I rebooted and remade the tutorial but i got the same problem - can't
    >check the option of the iis in the control panel "ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS
    >COMPONENTS" - what can i do ? please help me .

    Didn't you just ask this? The answer never changes -- this is
    unsupported and you're on your own if it doesn't work.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Nizar Jubran

    Nizar Jubran Guest

    Well, I have read a tutorial for installing IIS on winXP HE and it
    worked, but it's not working on my computer particularry, that's why I
    asked, not because i wanted you to tell me if I can or not :S:S:S

    Nizar Jubran, Jan 14, 2005
  5. Nizar Jubran

    > Well, I have read a tutorial for installing IIS on winXP HE and it
    > worked, but it's not working on my computer particularry, that's why I
    > asked, not because i wanted you to tell me if I can or not :S:S:S

    "I red [sic] a tutorial for installing IIS on windows XP HE" -- where?

    Perhaps:

    How to get IIS running on your Windows XP Home system
    http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_server/iis_xph/pippo_xp.asp

    WARNING: Microsoft do not support the installation of IIS on XP Home
    edition. This work around is not for beginners. If you have any doubts about
    your ability to carry out the instructions in this article DO NOT attempt
    this tutorial. Back up all your important information before attempting this
    method of installing IIS. Neither the author or WebThang accept any
    responsibility for damage caused to your data or computer resulting from the
    use of this method of installing IIS.

    McKirahan, Jan 14, 2005
  6. Nizar Jubran

    Steven Burn Guest

    Try a different server............

    KF Web Server (freeware)
    http://freeware.it-mate.co.uk/?Cat=Internet#53

    More servers......... (freeware)

    http://www.bart-ware.net/

    http://savant.sourceforge.net/

    http://www.serverwatch.com/stypes/servers/article.php/15893_1376711

    even more........

    http://www.webattack.com/freeware/server/fwwebserver.shtml

    http://www.networkingfiles.com/InternetTools/internettools7.htm

    http://www.tucows.com/httpserver95_default.html

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jan 14, 2005
  7. Thanks for the links Steven. I followed through on a bunch of them and
    updated this article: http://www.aspfaq.com/2079

    It now lists 5 alternative products that support ASP, and a bunch that
    don't.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)