Windward Reports

Annonymous

Hi,
Someone could tell me another product with same operative action.

Windward output an rtf documet after processing a rtf template and xml
data input .

I need some product to do an rtf from an existent RTF template with
dinamic data.

Thanks

Rhino

Annonymous said:
Hi,
Someone could tell me another product with same operative action.

Windward output an rtf documet after processing a rtf template and xml
data input .

I need some product to do an rtf from an existent RTF template with
dinamic data.
I've never seen Windward Reports but iText is a free Java package that can
write RTF. I don't know if it can handle RTF templates or read XML - I doubt
if - but you could possibly handle them within your Java code and then use
iText to write your RTF.

iText can be found at http://www.lowagie.com/iText/.

Simon Andrews

Annonymous said:
Hi,
Someone could tell me another product with same operative action.

Windward output an rtf documet after processing a rtf template and xml
data input .

I need some product to do an rtf from an existent RTF template with
dinamic data.

I've done this before and it's pretty straightforward as long as you're
not doing anything too complicated.

RTF is just plain text so you can process it the same way you would with
any other text file. It's fully documented so it's not too bad to work
with.

Depending on what you want to do you could either just make up an RTF
template with placeholders in it which you then substitute your real
data into (which is what we did), or if you want something more advanced
then you could composite together short RTF fragments to make a larger
document.

Simon.