WinForm control to WebForm control

cherylwpy

I have a windows form ActiveX used for connecting remote servers. It
is related to a video streaming interface (as I am a system integrator,
I don't know what technology they actually used). However, I can't
integrate the same ActiveX successfully to a web form. How should I
solve this problem?

I would be grateful if you can give me more ideas.

Mark Rae

I have a windows form ActiveX used for connecting remote servers. It
is related to a video streaming interface (as I am a system integrator,
I don't know what technology they actually used). However, I can't
integrate the same ActiveX successfully to a web form. How should I
solve this problem?

I would be grateful if you can give me more ideas.

Well, for a start you could explain what you've tried so far, and exactly
what "can't integrate" actually means...

Some code would be useful too...

Help us to help you... :)

Kevin Spencer

An ActiveX control is, just like an image or a SWF, embedded in the page via
client-side markup, and the Control itself must be downloaded by the
browser. So, there is typically no server-side code associated with the
Control, and you should treat it like any other client-side entity.

Here's a link to an article on how to work with ActiveX controls in web
pages:
http://www.fpoint.com/support/whitep/ActiveX/ax1999.aspx

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Bit Player
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

Where there's a Will, there's a William.