Wizard - setting the size

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by David Thielen, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. David Thielen, Oct 10, 2006

  2. Hello Dave,

    As for the Wizard control, its UI is divided into three parts:

    ** The sidebar template at left side
    ** The main wizard steps in the main section(middle)
    ** The navigation template at the bottom

    So the next/prev buttons are actually part of the navigation template, you
    can use a Table to layout your wizard steps template so that the wizard has
    fixed size for each step. Then in the Navigation templates(start
    navigation, step navigation, end navigation..) you can adjust the
    navigation buttons. For example, the following template use table to
    construct the main wizard steps's layout and use another table to layout
    the navigation template(wrapper the navigation buttons in it)

    =======================================
    <asp:Wizard ID="Wizard1" runat="server" ActiveStepIndex="1">
    <WizardSteps>
    <asp:WizardStep ID="Step1" runat="server" Title="Step 1">
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Step
    1"></asp:Label>

    </asp:WizardStep>
    <asp:WizardStep ID="Step2" runat="server" Title="Step 2">

    <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text="Step
    2"></asp:Label>
    <asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server">
    </asp:DropDownList>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1"
    runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox4"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox5"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

    </asp:WizardStep>
    <asp:WizardStep ID="Step3" runat="server" Title="Step 3">
    <asp:Label ID="Label3" runat="server" Text="Step
    3"></asp:Label>

    </asp:WizardStep>
    </WizardSteps>
    <StartNavigationTemplate>
    <asp:Button ID="StartNextButton" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" />

    </StartNavigationTemplate>
    <StepNavigationTemplate >
    <asp:Button ID="StepPreviousButton" runat="server"
    CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious"
    Text="Previous" />
    <asp:Button ID="StepNextButton" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" />

    </StepNavigationTemplate>
    <FinishNavigationTemplate>
    <asp:Button ID="FinishPreviousButton" runat="server"
    CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious"
    Text="Previous" />
    <asp:Button ID="FinishButton" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveComplete" Text="Finish" />

    </FinishNavigationTemplate>

    </asp:Wizard>
    ===================================

    Sincerely,