Word automation

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joe Lalor, Aug 9, 2008.

  1. Joe Lalor

    Joe Lalor Guest

    I am trying to automatically open a word document in an asp application. It
    works fine on the local host, but when I deploy on a W2003 server, the
    winword process starts ( I can see it in the task manager on the server), but
    the document doesn't open on the client. If I define the document as the
    target of a hyperlink on my asp page, it opens fine when I click on it. I've
    tried using :

    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("c:\test.DOC")

    (System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("notepad.exe") also doesn't work)

    and

    Batch.appWord = New Word.Application

    Batch.docWord = Batch.appWord.Documents.Open("c:\test.doc")

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks

    Joe Lalor, Aug 9, 2008

  2. Joe Lalor

    Joe Lalor Guest

    Thanks Mark

    I am using asp.net (vb.net)

    Is it possible to automate the hyperlink click in code?

    Joe

    Joe Lalor, Aug 10, 2008