Word template

Ruslan Shlain

Hello everyone.
I have a question that I tried to find an answer over the weekend but did
not succeeded.
I have a Word template with a couple of "tags" ( <<My Tag>>) that I need to
replace with data from the DB. Please point me in the right direction on how
to approach this. Code samples, links or articles. Anything would work.

Thank you very much in advance.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

The easiest way to work with word is to create text files with html in them
and then give them a .doc extension. Word is quite clever at opening them
for you and parsing the html.

The correct way (should the above not work in your case) would be to work
with word directly on the server.
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

Read these too:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q309/1/58.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q308/0/42.asp
http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=112

Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP
<blatant plug>
Professional .NET for Java Developers with C# - ISBN: 1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms - ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition - ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP - ISBN:
1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development - ISBN: 1861002092
</blatant plug>