workflow/rule engines

Andrew Thompson

online.no said:
Anyone who can reccomend a good workflow engine?

If I knew what such a thing was, maybe.
..commercial or
open-source

You do realise that 'open source' is
not the same thing as 'free' don't you?

Oh, and did you have any question
about Java?

online.no

If I knew what such a thing was, maybe.

And you still reply me ? :)
Have a look at werkflow at codehaus.org or osworkflow at opensymphony - btw.
that will answer your last question too :)
The werkflow engine have a great potensial - though i would prefer a more
'mature and documented' product - like what a comercial one would be.
You do realise that 'open source' is
not the same thing as 'free' don't you?

I'm aware of the different licence policies that exists - yes
Oh, and did you have any question about Java?

see above

Andrew Thompson

online.no said:
And you still reply me ? :)

It is good to see you are not one of the
precious, easily offended, fragile personalities
that seems to drift into this group all too
often. ;-)

Now, I am going to wander off in the hope
that someone who can actually _answer_
your question comes along.

Hope you find what you are after. :)

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

online.no said:
Anyone who can reccomend a good workflow engine? commercial or open-source

Oracle Workflow is now part of O9iAS Enterprise; its inclusion in
Release 2 (9.0.3) seemed half-hearted (they left a lot of stuff in
Applications where it came from), but apparently in 10g (9.0.5?) it's
much better.