Working with Forms in MS Word

Greg Lindstrom

Greetings-

I have been asked if I can populate existing Forms in a Microsoft Word
Document. I have the book Python Programming on Win 32 (Hammond/Robinson)
which addresses Microsoft products, but it does not address forms. Has
anyone attempted this? And if so, would you pass along your knowledge?

Thanks!,
--greg

Greg Lindstrom (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.W.

Thomas Guettler

Am Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:48:09 -0500 schrieb Greg Lindstrom:
Greetings-

I have been asked if I can populate existing Forms in a Microsoft Word
Document. I have the book Python Programming on Win 32 (Hammond/Robinson)
which addresses Microsoft products, but it does not address forms. Has
anyone attempted this? And if so, would you pass along your knowledge?

Hi,

I tried to use Word via com and python's win32 module,
but it did not work well for me. (The Python module was
good, but not the office programm)

You can save ms-office documents as XML. This format
can be read and changed on any plattform. It was enough
for me to solve my problems. Maybe this helps you, too.

HTH,
Thomas