Writing to Windows EventLog

omoore

I am attempting to write to the Windows EventLog. I have a sample
script which does write to the log, but the error in the log says;

"The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( TFSM ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: This is a
test."

I have created the DLL that contains the error messages following the
example at http://www.le-berre.com/perl/msg_dll.html (using my own
data for the messages, of course). Here is TFSMMsg.mc file I used:

MessageIdTypedef=DWORD
LanguageNames=(English=0x409:MSG00409)

MessageId=1
Severity=Warning