Writing to Windows EventLog

Discussion in 'Perl' started by omoore, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. omoore

    omoore Guest

    I am attempting to write to the Windows EventLog. I have a sample
    script which does write to the log, but the error in the log says;

    "The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( TFSM ) cannot be
    found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
    information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    computer. The following information is part of the event: This is a
    test."

    I have created the DLL that contains the error messages following the
    example at http://www.le-berre.com/perl/msg_dll.html (using my own
    data for the messages, of course). Here is TFSMMsg.mc file I used:

    MessageIdTypedef=DWORD
    LanguageNames=(English=0x409:MSG00409)

    MessageId=1
    Severity=Warning