WS Req/Resp as XML

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by JeffP->, Sep 29, 2009.

  1. JeffP->

    JeffP-> Guest

    Q: How do I view the XML of my use/invocation/call to my WS?

    I want to use a partner's WS and I've been given samples of the request and
    response XML, but as much as I understand the excerpt of the TXLife XML data,
    I don't get where I'm creating/can view it(?)

    I have my own WS that I use internally, but I call it like any function or
    as a new instance of the WS and the object that I'm creating*. I then
    use/invoke/call it just like I would any public function and/or a DLL for
    that matter, add a reference, use it.

    *My WS is similar to SQLHelper as well as a few other business rule
    processes like name value parsing of any webform controls & matching to SQL
    schema via a lookup table for the webform that returns httpfieldname ->
    dbFieldname nv pairs for inserts & updates.

    So, using my own existing WS, I would like to view the XML request/response,
    where to begin? I might assume that I might see it in a watch?

    TIA
    JeffP->, Sep 29, 2009

  2. JeffP->

    JeffP-> Guest

    There is now where that I've found in my calls to the webservice to get XML
    from QuickWatch

    dim ws as new webServiceAPI

    dim ds as dataset = ws.GetData(cConnType, sqlStr)

    I think that I may use XMLWriter to log everything and then subsequently
    serialize that as my request...

    JeffP->, Sep 30, 2009