wsdl.exe error

Nick Locke

I have managed to get rid of my earlier problems with import vs include. One
error remaining. SQLSpy is happy, wsdl.exe isn't! I have pasted the error
here and the WSDL further down. It's probably very obvious to a non-newbie,
but not to me!

Can someone help please? Thanks

C:\WSDL>wsdl /server /out:temp stolen.wsdl

Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
[Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.42]

Error: Unable to import binding 'bindingName' from namespace
'http://new.webservice.namespace'.
- Unable to import operation 'AddStolenVehicle'.
- The operation binding 'AddStolenVehicle' from namespace
'http://new.webservice.namespace' had invalid syntax. Missing soap:eek:peration
binding.

C:\WSDL>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
xmlns:t="http://services.xxxx-yyyyy.co.uk/types"
xmlns:y="http://new.webservice.namespace"
targetNamespace="http://new.webservice.namespace">

<types>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://services.xxxx-yyyyy.co.uk/types">
<xs:include schemaLocation="Types.xsd"/>
</xs:schema>
</types>

<message name="AddRequest">
<part name="VehicleDetails" element="t:Vehicle"/>
</message>

<message name="AddResponse">
<part name="VehicleFraudId" element="t:VehicleUpdate" />
</message>

<portType name="SOAPport">
<operation name="AddStolenVehicle">
<input message="y:AddRequest"/>
<output message="y:AddResponse"/>
</operation>
</portType>

<binding name="bindingName" type="y:SOAPport">
<soap:binding style="document"
<operation name="AddStolenVehicle">
<input>
<soap:body use="literal"/>
</input>
<output>
<soap:body use="literal"/>
</output>
</operation>
</binding>

<service name="StolenVehicles">
<port name="StolenPort" binding="y:bindingName">
<soap:address location="https://www.services.xxxx-yyyyy.org.uk"/>
</port>
</service>

</definitions>

Nick Locke

Seems that I needed to add:

<soap:eek:peration soapAction=""/>

Why does XMLSpy say it's valid without that>

John Saunders

Nick Locke said:
Seems that I needed to add:

<soap:eek:peration soapAction=""/>

Why does XMLSpy say it's valid without that>

The two programs are doing different jobs. XMLSpy is validating against a
schema; WSDL.EXE is trying to generate code.

Neither of them, BTW, is checking for compliance with WS-I Basic Profile,
for instance. Use a tool like SOAPScope from MindReef for that. It will show
you issues that neither XMLSpy nor WSDL.EXE will complain about.

John