WSE 3.0 UserNameTolken

John Wright

We are starting to use web services on the intranet to share data between
sites. In order to use a web service, we want the site to make a request to
use the service, and let us provide them with a username/password
combination to send to access the service. We would like to validate the
user's credentials against an Oracle database we set up and log each
connection to the web service. I have installed WSE 3.0 and looked at
UserNameTokenManager but I want to make this easier for the sites to use. I
don't want to deal with 509 certificates. We are using VB.NET 2005 for
coding (although I can use c#) and would like some sample code to see how to
send the username/password from the client, pick it up from the request and
validate the user.

The passwords will be a one way hash encryption and stored in the database.
I started looking at the examples, but everything I saw was using the 509
certs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

John Wright