    wxPython?

    It can't be the whole lot, can it?

    (Wow, wxPython looks GREAT!)

    moff, Oct 4, 2004

  2. On 4 Oct 2004 01:00:35 -0700, (moff) wrote:

    >There seems to be a heck of a lot of wxEWindows classes available.
    >Can someone tell me (or send me a link of) what is compatable with
    >wxPython?
    >
    >It can't be the whole lot, can it?
    >
    >(Wow, wxPython looks GREAT!)

    Hi,

    there is an overview of the classes, implemented in wxPython:

    http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/wxWindows/docs/wxwin_wxpython.html#wxpclasses
    --
    Franz Steinhaeusler

    Franz Steinhaeusler, Oct 4, 2004

  3. moff wrote:
    > There seems to be a heck of a lot of wxEWindows classes available.
    > Can someone tell me (or send me a link of) what is compatable with
    > wxPython?
    >
    > It can't be the whole lot, can it?
    >
    > (Wow, wxPython looks GREAT!)

    (a) yes it does. :)

    (b) It's called wxWidgets now, not wxWindows.

    (c) As far as I know, effectively all classes are provided in
    wxPython which are not already provided by standard Python.
    For example, wxList is not provided, since Python has its
    own lists. Similarly with networking and threads. The GUI
    stuff is pretty much complete.

    (d) Download wxPython, install, and run the demo. It shows
    *everything* (roughly speaking)...

    -Peter

    Peter L Hansen, Oct 4, 2004