XHTML Strict - Is this right?

Bobby Edward

To use XHTML Strict all I have to do is...

1. Add this to the top of my master page/ASPX page(s)
2. Add this to my web.config "<system.web>" section
<xhtmlConformance mode="Strict" />

Correct????

bruce barker

no, all the html and css you enter must follow the xhtml standard. you
should run your pages thru a xhtml compliance tool (visual studio has a
simple one, but it only checks the aspx source, not the rendered html).
also 3rd party controls may not generate compliant html.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Hal Rosser

Bobby Edward said:
To use XHTML Strict all I have to do is...

1. Add this to the top of my master page/ASPX page(s)
2. Add this to my web.config "<system.web>" section
<xhtmlConformance mode="Strict" />

Correct????

There's a difference between HTML and XHTML.
For one, XHTML is a type of XML document and has a DTD, but it is based on
HTML 4.0
Check with the W3C http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/#recommendations
and here's a decent set of tutorials on both
http://w3schools.com/

Göran Andersson