XML file update using gridview?

Savvoulidis Iordanis

I'm creating a betting site for soccer events. I want the schedule of events
to be in a XML file (schedule.xml) so that the users read data into the
gridviews, without hitting the database. The DB will be hit, only when the
users select events and odds from the schedule, for the creation of the
betting slips. The schedule of events is created from another XML file
(obtained freely from another site) through XSL transformation on it, so it
has the proper data that my web pages display.

Q. Which is the proper way to do, if the schedule manager wants to make a
change an event's time or odds? Can he do this directly on the XML file using
the data displayed in the gridview and along with using gridview events and
dataset code and how? Could I have a real example for the above, (if anyone
could spare some time on it)?

TIA
Iordanis