XML file

Bernadette Houghton

I want to display a "news-type" XML file, along the lines of "the current
features are currently not available" in a corner of my web site. I want
this file to be hosted on a free file hosting (or similiar) server, which
will not require authentication, open the host site or include an
advertisement for the host site among the XML file's contents.

I've looked at Twitter, MediaFire and FeedPublish, but none is really
suitable.

Any suggestions?

TIA

bernieh

Toby A Inkster

Bernadette said:
I want to display a "news-type" XML file, along the lines of "the current
features are currently not available" in a corner of my web site. I want
this file to be hosted on a free file hosting (or similiar) server

Why not host it on your own server? Is this because the XML file is
supposed to provide a "service status" informing customers when your own
server is down?

You could look at trying one of the blogging engines such as LiveJournal
or wordpress.com. Most of them provide XML feeds of your blog. You could
start a "Bernadette's Service Staus Blog".

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/

* = I'm getting there!

Bernadette Houghton

Toby, thanks so much for this suggestion. I hadn't thought of a two-step
approach such as you suggest.

Reason I can't host the file on my own server is that my server requires two
layers of manual authorisation (it is a corporate server), and the nature of
the file often requires urgent and frequent changes. So much easier to have
it hosted externally where I can bypass all the red tape.

Regards

bernieh